OP
bknapp

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been over a month and no updates. What's been happening?

I actually thought that last night, and yet. ..... Nothing.

The tank has improved drastically, zoas are opening, acros are growing and coloring up. That's the good.

I'm having the occasional spot of green hair algae, bubble algae and, byprosis. But I can deal with that it's much better than that cyano/dinos that I was dealing with.

I've more or less got my dosing tuned in, the alkalinity is a little higher than I was hoping for but I am yet to see any issues pertaining to alkalinity burn with the use of pellets.

Since my last update here I added four more T5's (all ATI) and added a Tunze 6105. So now there are a total of three 250 watt metal halide, eight T5's (four 54 watt and four 80 watt) for lighting and two MP40'S and a 6105 for flow.

Still wanting to upgrade skimmers and switch to a Apex but those will happen in due time.

Really looking forward to adding some more fishes.

If I can find some time this weekend I'll try to post a few pics.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bknapp

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added a few more things over the weekend.

A trio of lyre tail anthias, a OG Mummy Eye Chalice frag, Vivid Rainbow Delight frag and a, Cornbred Dragon Soul Favia frag. I traded one of my MP40 for a Tunze 6208 wavebox and I'm getting about a half inch wave on the far side of the tank from the wave box alone. I've tried hooking up the 6105 to work with the 6208 and haven't found the wave I liked that way so they're independent of one another.

Hope to find some time to take some pictures and upload them but my schedule lately has been hectic.

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added a few more things over the weekend.

A trio of lyre tail anthias, a OG Mummy Eye Chalice frag, Vivid Rainbow Delight frag and a, Cornbred Dragon Soul Favia frag. I traded one of my MP40 for a Tunze 6208 wavebox and I'm getting about a half inch wave on the far side of the tank from the wave box alone. I've tried hooking up the 6105 to work with the 6208 and haven't found the wave I liked that way so they're independent of one another.

Hope to find some time to take some pictures and upload them but my schedule lately has been hectic.

Excuses excuses...take some pics!...oh nevermind. I'll just see it this weekend.:bigsmile:

OP
OP
bknapp

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excuses excuses...take some pics!...oh nevermind. I'll just see it this weekend.:bigsmile:

True. Guess I'll just say I'm lazy and don't have a friend to come and take the pictures for me. ;)

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did I miss your thread???

No clue, but I'm jumping in now. :)

Brandon

OP
OP
bknapp

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a few pics (not that great but, pics nonetheless.)

Reef Raft Red Dragon with a little GHA

OG Mummy Eye Chalice (first and only chalice, for now)

Orange Setosa, Gold Torch and, Mystery Wrasse

A cool side shot featuring one of my favorite fish, the Copper Band

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking good!

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[...]
I am seeing less aiptasia and I do notice it picking at the rocks but I am yet to see it actually eat an Aiptasia. It has started to eat some frozen as well.

I'm really glad the Copperband is hanging in there!

I've had much better experiences with Klein's Butterfly in case you end up needing a different aiptasia control. None of the Copperband's timidity or weak constitution. Two or more will even readily school. And the price is usually right. Brilliant fish IMO. :)

-Matt

OP
OP
bknapp

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really glad the Copperband is hanging in there!

I've had much better experiences with Klein's Butterfly in case you end up needing a different aiptasia control. None of the Copperband's timidity or weak constitution. Two or more will even readily school. And the price is usually right. Brilliant fish IMO. :)

-Matt

This CBB is doing well, holding it's own against the tangs I just added. Everyone seems to be getting along pretty well, had a couple minutes of aggression between the yellow tang and CBB the Powder blue pays it no mind. The yellow and powder seem to ignore each other for the most part as well.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 109 43.8%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 83 33.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 40 16.1%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 13 5.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.6%
Back