Black free form habitat epoxy

SALTWATER FISH HIPPIE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone tried this when building a dry rock reef scape and if so would this be comparable to the epoxy putty sticks? Thinking about giving it a try if it’s not too flexible. Going to use the thin superglue with sand powder and accelerator. Was going to epoxy the joints after the glue with this. I used mortar on the cylinder scape but was going to try epoxy this round. I have been looking a the nyos black but if the free form would work it may be a pretty decent savings.

OP
OP
SALTWATER FISH HIPPIE

SALTWATER FISH HIPPIE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you come across this stuff?
interesting…..
I was just actually searching for the cheapest way to purchase nyos black epoxy putty. Somehow one of the ways I worded my search pulled up the black habitat free form epoxy. I do believe I am going to at least try it and see what its like.

OP
OP
SALTWATER FISH HIPPIE

SALTWATER FISH HIPPIE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update?
I did try again and was able to use some of the free form on the base. I end d up putting it into a piping bag. With that said I did not like how easily it seemed to shatter on a hard impact once cured Switched to nyos black and for the rest of the rise of the base of the scape. The top shelf it not attached yet and will also be extended on the left side a few inches.

IMG_7010.jpeg

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 45 29.4%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 32 20.9%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 54 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back