Black spots/freckles on clownfish?

be_ninja_pancake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are these little black freckles on Tom? He’s been developing a few these past few days on his left side and on his belly. He’s been acting like his normal self aka eating ALL the food and being mischievous.

I’ve been trying to diagnose it, maybe it could be coral stings? I have a duncan and 6 zoa frags.
IMG_5361.jpeg

IMG_5359.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
What are these little black freckles on Tom? He’s been developing a few these past few days on his left side and on his belly. He’s been acting like his normal self aka eating ALL the food and being mischievous.

I’ve been trying to diagnose it, maybe it could be coral stings? I have a duncan and 6 zoa frags.
IMG_5361.jpeg

IMG_5359.jpeg
Known as hypermelanization is associated with stings from an anemone or other coral such as euphyllia
It is of no harm, fades away and the dumb clown often goes back into the anemone but often then being accepted

OP
OP
be_ninja_pancake

be_ninja_pancake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clowns got spots like this a few years back when they tried to live in an particularly surly elegance coral.
Known as hypermelanization is associated with stings from an anemone or other coral such as euphyllia
It is of no harm, fades away and the dumb clown often goes back into the anemone but often then being accepted
Thank you so much! Yeah, I was really hoping it was just him being stung by corals like a dummy and not something serious, so I wanted to make sure.

I always joke that I don’t have fish to be future Nobel Peace Prize winners because they act dumb

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Actually - in addition to stings - Turbellaria is a possibility

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Actually - in addition to stings - Turbellaria is a possibility
These dots inconsistent with turbellaria with are more congregated and dust like

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 175 72.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 45 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back