Blue throat trigger

esilsay07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for everyone’s experience with blue throat trigger. Recently bought one on Saturday, he was hiding in the rock at the store and has done the same since I brought him home, has not eaten but still alive. Do they just take more time to get relaxed in their surroundings or did I make a mistake?

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He will need some time. Mine didnt come out or stay out when I was around for a few weeks. Now he is out all the time! Watch for bullying with those other fish, blue throats are really mild and dont do well with fish bullying them and stressing them out. Not as bold as the other trigger species. I keep mine with a picasso and a niger. He isnt out as much as the other two triggers and is for sure the most shy of the 3.

JC1977

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with little fox I’ve had mine for three years and can definitely say they don’t exhibit the stereotypical behavior you associate with triggers. Mine is very passive but is just assertive enough to hang with my clown trigger and larger angels. So yeah give him a week or so because they definitely still eat like a trigger!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 29.0%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 40 27.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 50 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.5%
Back