Bones Reef Clowns

Chelsey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm about to purchase a pair from Brandon and I want to see what yours look like! I'll be getting two babies but I'd like to see some older, more mature ones :) Post your pics!

LorenK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think he's pretty new to sales so not sure if you'll find many mature fish. I saw him post some stuff on a breeding site I check. Never came back though after being called out.

http://www.marinebreeder.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=1591

I'm about to purchase a pair from Brandon and I want to see what yours look like! I'll be getting two babies but I'd like to see some older, more mature ones :) Post your pics!

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
interesting read.. I actually checked out that site about a month ago and had some really nice Picasso's...

Chelsey, I hope you have a good experience with him/her... good luck.. :)

OP
OP
Chelsey

Chelsey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my first pair of picassos through him and was very happy...had a great experience. I realize that some people have had issues with him but since my first experience was good I'm hoping the second one will be too. I know for a fact that a few people on here have them, I'm just hoping they'll post pics :)

LorenK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the clowns in your avatar pic from him?

I will sell you some rhino-clowns when they are ready :) I'm still trying to get my clown to mate with a birdsnest.

demonsperm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So they died?

If so how about some tank specs. Like size and age and all equipement used and your water source?
Were they your fisrt fish?

OP
OP
Chelsey

Chelsey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So they died?

If so how about some tank specs. Like size and age and all equipement used and your water source?
Were they your fisrt fish?

Yes, they died. I'd had them for well over a year and have been reefkeeping for 5 years, so no, they were not my first fish. I introduced what I thought was a perfectly healthy blue tang into my system and he ended up carrying some sort of pathogen that nuked my tank. These clowns were not the only fish I lost. I was away on vacation when the pathogen "attacked" my fish...the incubation time must've been relatively long for this particular bug because all was well for a bit before I left.

sdietz2469

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
sorry to hijack your thread, but i am looking for some as well(picasso, snowflake etc), any idea if you can hook me up with someone who has some for sale?
shane

ConcreteReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After being called out so bluntly and not responding makes me question his practices.. Although- It's difficult to buy large quantities of Picasso's from ORA. Most dealers only get 1 pair at a time- I doubt he is getting all of them from ORA.

whether or not he is the actual breeder is the issue.

I think he's pretty new to sales so not sure if you'll find many mature fish. I saw him post some stuff on a breeding site I check. Never came back though after being called out.

http://www.marinebreeder.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=1591

OP
OP
Chelsey

Chelsey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I will agree that it does not look good to not respond when called out, Brandon is IMO legit. I'm not sure what proof people (not just on R2R but on RC too) have when making the various allegations that they have, but in talking to Brandon and seeing the pictures he has sent me I believe that he has the operation set up to raise/ breed these clowns. What difference does it make whether he personally is raising them or he's getting them from someone else? How many online vendors that have picassos or other difficult to find fish raise the fish personally? I started this thread to be a picture thread for Bones reef clowns, not to talk about his alleged business practices. If you'd like to talk business please start a new thread.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 108 74.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back