Brightwells Kalk +2

butts182

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those ofyou using this product instead of a 2 part of calcium reactor, what are you Ca and Alk numbers?

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use it for my kalk reactor top-off, but I don't think it could keep up with my calcium demand on it's own. However, using the kalk for my topoff has significantly cut down on the amount of 2 part I have to use.

OP
OP
butts182

butts182

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think it will keep up with my demand since i only have a 40g tank with a low demand right now.

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got some of this in yesterday, and will probably take apart my kalk reactor, clean it out, and replace the kalk with this. Hopefully it'll keep my Mag levels up instead of manual dosing.

subielover

Renegade reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really don't think this kalk is going to increase Mg. Kalk usually slowly depletes magnesium. I say use the cheapest kalk you can find (Mrs. Wages pickling lime works great).

SaraB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Is this stuff something I can run in my Kalk Stirrer to full saturation and top off all water with? Anyone have any experience with using it in this manner? Or is it something that I need to measure and dose accordingly? This would really simplify things in my tank if I could just top off all water with this via the Kalk stirrer

SaraB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this stuff something I can run in my Kalk Stirrer to full saturation and top off all water with? Anyone have any experience with using it in this manner? Or is it something that I need to measure and dose accordingly? This would really simplify things in my tank if I could just top off all water with this via the Kalk stirrer

Yes, that's how I run mine. I also run a CA Reactor to keep up with the demands of my tank.

Tab28

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used this along with others. I drip kalk 24/7 as my top off. I bought it because of the addtion of Strom/Mag but I had to add just as much Mag as other brands that do not say it is added. I did keep my Alk/Calc levels consistant, but seemed to me I had to add more of it that other brands.

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have used this along with others. I drip kalk 24/7 as my top off. I bought it because of the addtion of Strom/Mag but I had to add just as much Mag as other brands that do not say it is added. I did keep my Alk/Calc levels consistant, but seemed to me I had to add more of it that other brands.

So your saying that it depletes faster than regular Kalk and not really worth the extra cost?

I like the addition of strontium though....I have been dosing that for a couple years now(was told low levels caused me to lose my entire acan collection a few years back). I would love to eliminate it from my dosing schedule.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 7 7.2%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 42 43.3%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 47 48.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.0%
Back