Brooklynella?

blank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it looks like early stages of brook? Can someone confirm.
9b89b261f905751ce16a4fa1f9a0cf8d.jpg

ffbb0653fd0806675b27853fb5226634.jpg

Looks like a little white bump on the skin outside of her gills.

I'm going to grab her when she's sleeping and give her a Freshwater dip. About to order formalin

Thanks!

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From those pictures, it doesn't look like brook yet. Can you get a clearer one?

OP
OP
blank

blank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will try! The pair is still really active, eats tons, and looks like normal breathing. One sec, I'll try to get a better picture.

OP
OP
blank

blank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cellphone pictures are terrible:/ once I get her into the fw dip, I'll try to get better pictures.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are actually pretty great! Good job! So, that could be the beginning of brook. If so, then great job getting to it early! The freshwater dip will help, but you'll want to remove all fish and treat. Leave the tank fallow for 6 weeks.
Brooklynella (clownfish disease)
I like doing the baths in Ruby Reef Rally if it's available, or formalin if not. Then treating with metroplex in the QT in between the baths.

OP
OP
blank

blank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are actually pretty great! Good job! So, that could be the beginning of brook. If so, then great job getting to it early! The freshwater dip will help, but you'll want to remove all fish and treat. Leave the tank fallow for 6 weeks.
Brooklynella (clownfish disease)
I like doing the baths in Ruby Reef Rally if it's available, or formalin if not. Then treating with metroplex in the QT in between the baths.
Hmmm could you tell me your procedure like how much I should dose? or is that all on the directions. Thinking about ordering Ruby Reef Rally + Metroplex.

IF it isn't Brook, could these chemicals hurt the fish? and is it 100% guaranteed it has spread onto my other fish?

Thanks! Other opinions welcome!

OP
OP
blank

blank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found the directions for Metroplex DIRECTIONS: Use 1-2 measures (included) for every 40 L (10 US gallons). Repeat every 2 days for up to 3 weeks or until symptoms disappear. Turn off UV, ozone, and chemical filtration. To feed, blend 1 measure with about 1 tablespoon of frozen food paste. To minimize loss during feeding use with Focus™. To enhance palatability use with GarlicGuard™ or Entice™. Food may be refrozen. !

Bad reviews of Ruby Reef Rally on Amazon? https://www.amazon.com/Ruby-Reef-ARR11138-Aquarium-Treatment/dp/B00BUFYNA2 I mean I'll be putting them in buckets for the bath before I place in qt.. I don't really trust ... reef safe for any chemicals used to kill things lol.

OP
OP
blank

blank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm actually considering doing a Formalin-MS Bath. Sounds like it works out for most people? 2 bath (1 week in between). They just get placed back into the DT right after the bath :eek:

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, don't use Garlic guard or anything with garlic unless your fish start refusing food.
Use the directions on each package for dosing.
I'm not a fan of formalin products unless you don't have any other choice. They both work, but formalin has been -anecdotally- shown to possibly shorten the life span of the fish exposed to it. It's also a carcinogen so you must be careful yourself when using it. I dont' trust anything that claims to be reef safe unless it's been tested by many people with no bad effects and it actually worked.
Rally and metro won't hurt the fish if it's not brook, formalin might since it's a pretty harsh med. I hope that helps.

OP
OP
blank

blank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, don't use Garlic guard or anything with garlic unless your fish start refusing food.
Use the directions on each package for dosing.
I'm not a fan of formalin products unless you don't have any other choice. They both work, but formalin has been -anecdotally- shown to possibly shorten the life span of the fish exposed to it. It's also a carcinogen so you must be careful yourself when using it. I dont' trust anything that claims to be reef safe unless it's been tested by many people with no bad effects and it actually worked.
Rally and metro won't hurt the fish if it's not brook, formalin might since it's a pretty harsh med. I hope that helps.
Oh I don't use Garlic, only Selcon and Seachem Entice when needed :) ooo ok... Not 100% sure what to do >.> all these chemicals aren't exactly easy to find.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I don't use Garlic, only Selcon and Seachem Entice when needed :) ooo ok... Not 100% sure what to do >.> all these chemicals aren't exactly easy to find.

I only mentioned the garlic because the metro instructions did. :) It was worth a mention. Anyway, yeah, they can sometimes be hard to find. If you can't get the Rally, or it will take too long then use the formalin. Quick Cure has formalin in it and will do the job. That should be available to you in most fish stores along with metroplex. I doubt you'll find any of these in your local petco or walmart, so try to find an actual LFS if you haven't already.... otherwise you're reduced to ordering online which can take time.

OP
OP
blank

blank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only mentioned the garlic because the metro instructions did. :) It was worth a mention. Anyway, yeah, they can sometimes be hard to find. If you can't get the Rally, or it will take too long then use the formalin. Quick Cure has formalin in it and will do the job. That should be available to you in most fish stores along with metroplex. I doubt you'll find any of these in your local petco or walmart, so try to find an actual LFS if you haven't already.... otherwise you're reduced to ordering online which can take time.
Any Idea if Ruby Reef's Kick-Ich is any good? Figured for 7 dollars more, I'm not losing anything lol. https://www.amazon.com/Ruby-Reef-Ki...id=1476929776&sr=8-7&keywords=ruby+reef+rally

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 38 37.3%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 54 52.9%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 4 3.9%
Back