Britttt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!

Yesterday morning I noticed my foxface had a large mark on its right side that suspiciously looked like a blenny kiss. After looking at the forum, it must be.
I got home in the afternoon and noticed the Fox now has a Brown ring on the same side as the blenny kiss (blenny kiss has faded a bit). The Fox was stressed when I took these photos but otherwise is fine (he just doesn't like my phone). When he's his normal yellow self, the ring is a lot thinner and darker

The day before this I added a 6 line wrasse into the tank after a copepod infestation on the glass. The copepod infestation started right after receiving some zoas ordered online. Wrasse seems happy and healthy but unfortunately our hawkfish isn't the biggest fan (I know the hawk is one of the last fish you add, didn't expect to get more fish but I was told a wrasse would help with the copepods)

In the take I have a blenny, two clowns, the Foxface, dwarf hawkfish and the 6 line wrasse.
In terms of corals, I have a catalaphyllia, bubble, some goni's, torches, frogspawn, hammers, lobos, trachys, acans, zoas, helio, morphs, maze, leathers, Duncan's and plates.

Parameters are stable
Ammonia 0.00
Nitrate 0.00
Phosphate 0.03
Nitrate 2
Salinity 35.5
KH/Alk 7.1

Everything has been fine, happy and getting along so far. I've had all of these fish for months. Blenny has never left a mark on any fish (I don't see him do anything but eat algae all day!)
This all happened after adding the wrasse.
Hawk is less fussed about the wrasse today and they have been happily sharing parts of the tank.

Please help! I can't seem to find any photos of these markings to be able to get an idea what it is!

IMG_20200401_185156.jpg

IMG_20200401_185950.jpg

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a sting or injury. Keep a close eye on it and keep nutrition high to avoid bacterial infection.

OP
OP
Britttt

Britttt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a sting or injury. Keep a close eye on it and keep nutrition high to avoid bacterial infection.

Thank you!! It has been hanging around the cat a bit so thought it might be a sting. Also, I've just noticed this.. is this internal parasites/internal bacterial infection? The clowns one is short and white, the fox's is much longer with a greenish tinge
IMG_20200402_135427.jpg
IMG_20200402_140539.jpg

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
White and stringy "can" be an indicator of internal pathogens. But it's usually accompanied by other symptoms: always hungry and eats like crazy but has a pinched in stomach.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 168 72.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back