BRS and aquamaxx?

cre1024

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm in need of lights for my tank at school and those prisms at that price are really appealing to my budget. Are they worth it?

esquare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in need of lights for my tank at school and those prisms at that price are really appealing to my budget. Are they worth it?
I have a Prism CC II LED Light Fixture - Marine on my 10 gallon Coral QT and the best I can say is it really makes the coral look good when I move them to my DT with Radions.

cre1024

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a Prism CC II LED Light Fixture - Marine on my 10 gallon Coral QT and the best I can say is it really makes the coral look good when I move them to my DT with Radions.
So not great then kinda what I figured at that price.

cre1024

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah, It does all right for the month or 2 the coral are in qt but the spectrum just isn't right for bringing out the fluorescence in coral. PAR is ok for LPS QT, at 75% midway up in a 10 gal par is about 100
That's great to know. Thank you!

Naekuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think those are freshwater lights, and not reef lights.

They might have too much red and green to your liking unless your growing yellow leathers.

Edit: Yep definitely freshwater... i expect the lights to corrode in a matter of months in salt water setting.

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think those are freshwater lights, and not reef lights.

They might have too much red and green to your liking unless your growing yellow leathers.

Edit: Yep definitely freshwater... i expect the lights to corrode in a matter of months in salt water setting.
They have both models.

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used their skimmers for years now and pretty happy with them. They are not the quietest but they take out lots of gunk
What skimmers have you used? I’m about to purchase a 300g tank (will eventually be heavy fish load SPS dominate) was planning on waiting until bioload built up before pulling the trigger on a new skimmer but at 50% off it may be worth getting now

Last edited:

ninjamyst

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What skimmers have you used? I’m about to purchase a 300g tank (will eventually be heavy fish load SPS dominate) was planning on waiting until bioload built up before pulling the trigger on a new skimmer but at 50% off it may be worth getting now
For 300g, you will need the Q5. Make sure it fits. I am using RC 3 right now on a 200g

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For 300g, you will need the Q5. Make sure it fits. I am using RC 3 right now on a 200g
How do you like their skimmers I have heard the build is a little lighter than some but they still work well and the pumps are good., space is t an issue as I havnt designed the sump yet so I can build around the skimmers?

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I just ordered a T-1 calcium reactor. Been looking at them for a while as a cheaper option. We shall see what happens

ninjamyst

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like their skimmers I have heard the build is a little lighter than some but they still work well and the pumps are good., space is t an issue as I havnt designed the sump yet so I can build around the skimmers?
For the price, they are hard to beat. Can be noisier than other skimmer but they always pulled out lots of gunk for me. I have used their CO-1 and RC-3.

indyjaco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Also check the coralvue outlet sites, lots of 10" skimmers on there (or was)

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the price, they are hard to beat. Can be noisier than other skimmer but they always pulled out lots of gunk for me. I have used their CO-1 and RC-3.
I ordered the CO-5, planning a lot of fish in an 8’ tank so the more skimmer the merrier. I have always been a set and forget reefer so I’m not sure DC would be a benifit

ninjamyst

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered the CO-5, planning a lot of fish in an 8’ tank so the more skimmer the merrier. I have always been a set and forget reefer so I’m not sure DC would be a benifit
That's awesome. Hope you like it. I debated ordering a CO-5 to replace my RC-3 but the RC-3 is performing perfectly with my 30+ fish in my 200g including 4 full grown tangs.

ninjamyst

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is 5 days of skimmate. I skim pretty wet.

PXL_20240405_162518327.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 32.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back