Bryopsis help

Reefnewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need some help getting rid of my bryopsis right now I'm trying to get the mag up to about 1600 doing it slow only upping 100ppm a day with BRS solution. Running GFO, Carbon and will do my normal 20% weekly water changes. Any other tips? I know it's one of the hardest algaes to remove. And I'm dreading doing it but hopeful I can overcome it.

IMG_1698.JPG

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will probably need too raise your mag higher .. I had too raise mine too 1700 before Bryopsis died off .. but after that never had a problem again .. just raise it slowly .. and let it drop again slowly ..

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will probably need too raise your mag higher .. I had too raise mine too 1700 before Bryopsis died off .. but after that never had a problem again .. just raise it slowly .. and let it drop again slowly ..

Jason, that was known to work with Tech M magnesium only....and when they changed their formula, it supposedly no longer works. Fluconazole is the route you want to take to rid your tank of bryopsis.....single dose and wait 14 days....easy.

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jason, that was known to work with Tech M magnesium only....and when they changed their formula, it supposedly no longer works. Fluconazole is the route you want to take to rid your tank of bryopsis.....single dose and wait 14 days....easy.
Never heard of tech M magnesium, I used mag + from Colombo .. but I'm in Holland , and the one from Colombo worked for me .. I had snails with more hair than the hair bear bunch put together .. it was kind of funny too see actually !!
I find that it difficult too get some of the products I hear about on here .. like the doctor Tims , and other such products

OP
OP
Reefnewb

Reefnewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

fmp47

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kent Tech M levels to 2200 worked great for me. Once it was not apparent for several weeks quit dosing and allowed it to drop on its own. No obvious problems. Now only if I could find something to treat Derbesia as easily.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fmp I want the derbesia challenge if you try all else to no avail

anchored invaders are easier to beat than pelagic ones that traverse the water regularly during life phases, derbesia is highly susceptible to peroxide used in a specific manner. we already have derb before and after pics in the big reefcentral peroxide thread in the nanos forum circa 2011

it only takes destroying the holdfasts to beat it, its not all that bad among possible invaders. it can thrive in low nutrient waters easily, grazers love its ability to grow in clean waters.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back