Bryopsis isnt that bad

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bryopsis isn't that bad. There. I said it. I've always had it in my system, and while it can be pesky at times it isn't nearly as bad as its made out to be. While it is hard to remove from places it's set root, it dosent spread nearly as fast or grow nearly as fast as GHA. In my 1 year old LPS dominant system its confined itself to the bare skeletal bases of my branching duncan, the WaveMaker and a very small patch near the back. That's is. The rest of my tank is overrun with GHA, which is MUCH worse to deal with than bryopsis as it also is extremely difficult to remove from a location once it's set root and has dominated the upper part of the aquascape. Not to mention it grows quicker than xenia. While I don't know about you, bryopsis has never been an issue nor concern of mine. My attention has always been around the common (and much worse IMO) GHA. I'm currently looking for an acanthurus tang to hopefully manage this. Anyone else have similar experiences?

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
i’m in the same boat but i’ve treated with fluc. before that it’s was just an eyesore and i went through all of the “natural” approaches with the constraint of a 40B so i couldn’t go the rabbit fish route. fluc helps to keep it knocked back and outcompeted by my chaeto and i’ve only did 1 treatment and it’s been gone since

leviticus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had good luck using Reef Flux - Fluconazole. All rocks where covered in Algae. It took about 3 weeks to really see an improvement. I enjoy seeing the Algae turn white and fade away.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 118 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back