Bryopsis or HA + few questions

DanyL

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like I mentioned in my post earlier, I am currently using hydrogen peroxide for either Bryopsis or HA, but it work within 2 weeks. I also dip corals a 50/50 ratio of tank water and 3% hydrogen peroxide for 2 minutes. Have been cases I've almost forgot they were in there and they have gone Like 5-6 mins with no ill effects. My buddy dose hydrogen peroxide once a week along with mb7 for maintenance
This is highly depends on the type of coral you have, and the amount and type of algae in the tank. Usually, it’ll not eradicate it.
But it is an option, like I mentioned before.

OP
OP
itelshot

itelshot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like I mentioned in my post earlier, I am currently using hydrogen peroxide for either Bryopsis or HA, but it work within 2 weeks. I also dip corals a 50/50 ratio of tank water and 3% hydrogen peroxide for 2 minutes. Have been cases I've almost forgot they were in there and they have gone Like 5-6 mins with no ill effects. My buddy dose hydrogen peroxide once a week along with mb7 for maintenance
So you're saying that peroxide dosing took away your HA or BR 2 weeks after starting daily dosing?

Magic031707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you're saying that peroxide dosing took away your HA or BR 2 weeks after starting daily dosing?
Yes, it started to turn white and was easy to take/scrub off compared to when it first started. It would start coming off floating around in the tank. I still have couple spots that still has a little left. Imo, I think it got it down enough for the turbo snails to do there thing. Places that are clean, I have not seen any regrowth.

leviticus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had good luck using Reef Flux - Fluconazole. My rocks where completely covered in Algae. It took about 3 weeks to really see an improvement. It nice to see the Algae turn white and fade away.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back