Bta? As my first anemone?

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank been running for over 3 months. Its going to be an lps dominant tank. I have few lps doing great, and rock flower anemone. Can i add a bta? Or is it too soon?

Parameters:

Alk: 8.0
Mag:1320
Calcium:420
Phosphate: 0.16
Nitrate:14
PH:8.3

IMG_7575.jpeg

bensoo00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank been running for over 3 months. Its going to be an lps dominant tank. I have few lps doing great, and rock flower anemone. Can i add a bta? Or is it too soon?

Parameters:

Alk: 8.0
Mag:1320
Calcium:420
Phosphate: 0.16
Nitrate:14
PH:8.3

IMG_7575.jpeg
I think the recommended time to wait is 8 months - 1 year so that your parameters don’t swing too much, causing things like the BTA to take a walk and sting corals, or die and release toxins that could eradicate your tank buds. That being said, I did not follow this rule and had success but every case is different so if you really want it I can’t stop you but ensure that you are able to keep it happy through your parameters, QT stuff so hitchhikers, fish and whatnot don’t introduce evil into your tank, and make sure it is happy where it is. Or wait a bit until everything evens out, all algae stages you go through and major problems you go through pass. Have fun!

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bta is a good choice but just wait till the tank mutures a bit more
Bubble tips are quite hardy but conditions need to be good. And remember 1 anemone turns into lots of anemones so you can get over run with them

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 112 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back