Bubble magus BM T-11 programming questions

Manic Newbie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased and installed my first dosing pump (BM T-11) a couple days ago for dosing Red Sea two part alk/cal. I’ve been testing a lot trying to dial it in and I have a couple questions that hopefully someone on here knows the answers to. There are next to no valuable instructions with the unit or online that I can find.

1.Today, I accidentally left the screen on “manual control” while I was at work. I had used the manual dosing option to bump up my alk a little to see if my current dosing program would be enough to hold my target #s. Does anyone know if the machine was still dosing my scheduled doses while I was gone? Asking because I want to know if my test results for today are good, or if I just need to start over and try again? Basically, does the unit still run a loaded dosing program if the screen is accidentally left on “manual control”?

2. If I input say, 30 ml a day and have my start time at for instance 7 pm, does the doser dose that amount by midnight and then not start dosing again until 7 pm, or does it run on 24hrs (7 am -7 pm). Just asking because I’m still dialing it in and am having to make adjustments and I have my current start time at 00:00 (midnight) so I know I am getting 24 doses a day, evenly spread. I’m wanting to know that if I make a change in the ml per day that the change is effective immediately? Hope I’m making sense. I don’t know if I was to bump up my ml per day right now (2 pm) and left my start time as previously saved at midnight, if my next dose will reflect the increase or if the increase doesn’t start until midnight? This information would help me in dialing in my dose. Thank you for any advise.

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually have the Bubble Magus BM T-01. Yeah. The instructions are not real user friendly. It helps if you close one eye while reading the instructions, squint the other and use you imagination. ;Woot
Honestly though, the doser has worked well for me for several years. The clock tends to run a little slow, and I've replaced dose heads a couple of times, but it seems to function pretty well. Looks like you have a newer model, but I know that when I accidentally left the older model in manual mode, it didn't dispense on schedule. Hopefully someone else can tackle the programming issue.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 181 72.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back