Bubble magus curve 5 parts??

Ergot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got one used and upon inspection it’s missing one of the four rubber feet and the red plastic plug does not fit into the hole it’s supposed to plug at all anymore and was wrapped in electrical tape to give it the extra girth needed to fit (surprised the adhesive didn’t do something crazy to his tank) but I can’t really find anything online….I sent bubble magus an email but I doubt they’ll sell me $10 in parts.

09B94322-7779-4CEB-9CB0-467AF4117441.jpeg
The plug in question, tape removed.
It fits VERY loosely in the hole so I’m sure being turned on will dislodge it.

EDIT: I could put the plug in and then hot glue the seams to hold it in place and make it water tight? How long would that hold up do you think?

I really don’t want to buy a new one…

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Check aquaCave otherwise manufacturer

OP
OP
E

Ergot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don't plan on moving the pumps intake, I would just super glue, or even better use some weldon and put it in there permanently.
I wasn’t sure if or when I’d need to use that intake honestly, so I probably wouldn’t. I think I’ll use a little of the thick super glue I used on my live rock to stick it in there, not sure what I can make shift into a rubber foot though.

BanjoBandito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wasn’t sure if or when I’d need to use that intake honestly, so I probably wouldn’t. I think I’ll use a little of the thick super glue I used on my live rock to stick it in there, not sure what I can make shift into a rubber foot though.
You could yank all the feet and just use a rubber noise dampener mat? They sell little rubber feet too. You kinda gotta hunt em out though.

FMF0331

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got one used and upon inspection it’s missing one of the four rubber feet and the red plastic plug does not fit into the hole it’s supposed to plug at all anymore and was wrapped in electrical tape to give it the extra girth needed to fit (surprised the adhesive didn’t do something crazy to his tank) but I can’t really find anything online….I sent bubble magus an email but I doubt they’ll sell me $10 in parts.

09B94322-7779-4CEB-9CB0-467AF4117441.jpeg
The plug in question, tape removed.
It fits VERY loosely in the hole so I’m sure being turned on will dislodge it.

EDIT: I could put the plug in and then hot glue the seams to hold it in place and make it water tight? How long would that hold up do you think?

I really don’t want to buy a new one…
I’m looking for that same red plug for the magnus curve 5. Can’t seem to find it. Any recommendations ?

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.1%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 165 72.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 4.8%
Back