Bubble Magus Roller Filtor

drturf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there, Ive looked everywhere and apologize for redundancy is previously asked.

With the Gen2-M, what size of sump partition does one need for ideal situation?

ShakeyGizzard

RedNeck Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the small bubble magus gen 2, you can get the size spects from the sale add for them, they give the foot print even though they hang on the side of the sump. Also min water depth

OP
OP
D

drturf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the small bubble magus gen 2, you can get the size spects from the sale add for them, they give the foot print even though they hang on the side of the sump. Also min water depth
I’ve got all that but how much clearance is needed around the device. .5”, 1” 0” ?

ShakeyGizzard

RedNeck Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine was tight, but nothing touching the roller. here is some sump build pics
edit: 20 gal. long sump

20240103_170030.jpg
20240306_105601.jpg
20240401_192712.jpg

OP
OP
D

drturf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool, so you do not have a partition between the roller and skimmer. Your water level must be continually changing as the roller gets plugged with debris. Or not?

disaster999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got all that but how much clearance is needed around the device. .5”, 1” 0” ?
you can pretty much leave 0 clearance around the roller, they built in enough clearance in the unit itself for water to flow through the filter mat. Heres my roller mat in my sump. My skimmer pump is literally right next to the unit.
1712026584729.png

Cool, so you do not have a partition between the roller and skimmer. Your water level must be continually changing as the roller gets plugged with debris. Or not?
Unless you overfill the sump, you dont have to worry about the changing water level. BUT you are right about water level INSIDE the roller constantly changing which will affect your overflow.

Last edited:

ShakeyGizzard

RedNeck Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will add that if you take the inlet tube (G in image) and drill a small hole in the top side away from water inlet it will cut down on turbulence inside the roller and cut down on excessive roll use
Bubble magus.png

OP
OP
D

drturf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will add that if you take the inlet tube (G in image) and drill a small hole in the top side away from water inlet it will cut down on turbulence inside the roller and cut down on excessive roll use
Bubble magus.png
Great suggestion. When you say “top side away from input” do you mean the nipple or elbow and on the left hand side? This hole would be below the water level I assume?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 122 81.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back