Bubble tip anemone

JDR0505

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had this bubble tip anemone for a week now, it's been in between this two rock and it retracts and extense, and eating normally. Is this normal? My pair of Clown fish are not hosting it either. The bubble tip stays retracted most of the time, is this normal? What other corals or anemone can i add if it doesn't move from this spot?

17039738708518150437262722573655.jpg 17039739025255533989751224213526.jpg

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are all of your tank parameters? How old is your tank and what's your maintenance regime? :)

reef2021

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It likes the spot too much to move but not enough to be extended consistently.

When I had a nem it stayed small for a while before extending completely but never hid in a crevice in the rock.

Check the flow on it and your params to have your bases covered.

Be aware that nems pack a powerful sting so you’ll want to keep a lot of distance from other corals if you can. Any corals that will survive under the par and in the flow there will be fine. I recommend zoas if you don’t mind them taking over the rock.

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ime clowns are more interested in a specific area rather than a creature to host them. Ive had 2 in a corner of the tank, started out hosted by a rock flower anemone. The nem left, but the clowns remained in the corner, despite 2 or 3 btas in the tank.

OP
OP
JDR0505

JDR0505

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are all of your tank parameters? How old is your tank and what's your maintenance regime? :)
I do a weekly 20% water change, my tank is 4 months old. I have a sailfin tang, fox face, a pair of clown fish, a dotty back, red coris wrasse, cleaner shrimp, emerald crab, 10 blue leg hermit crabs, turbo snail among other snails and 2 green chromis, as for my parameters have not checked in the pass three days,

Attachments

• 17039746718526938325641308643208.jpg
    17039746718526938325641308643208.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 47

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do a weekly 20% water change, my tank is 4 months old. I have a sailfin tang, fox face, a pair of clown fish, a dotty back, red coris wrasse, cleaner shrimp, emerald crab, 10 blue leg hermit crabs, turbo snail among other snails and 2 green chromis, as for my parameters have not checked in the pass three days,
... what were they three days ago? :)

4 moths old is a new tank; anemones rarely fares well in newer tanks sadly.

OP
OP
JDR0505

JDR0505

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, my goal is to have a great environment for my fish and corals I'll definitely look into the zoas, thanks

OP
OP
JDR0505

JDR0505

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It likes the spot too much to move but not enough to be extended consistently.

When I had a nem it stayed small for a while before extending completely but never hid in a crevice in the rock.

Check the flow on it and your params to have your bases covered.

Be aware that nems pack a powerful sting so you’ll want to keep a lot of distance from other corals if you can. Any corals that will survive under the par and in the flow there will be fine. I recommend zoas if you don’t mind them taking over the rock.
And if you don't mind me asking how difficult are zoas to keep?

OP
OP
JDR0505

JDR0505

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
... what were they three days ago? :)

4 moths old is a new tank; anemones rarely fares well in newer tanks sadly.
I don't write them down, i adjust to whatever their need is at the time, should i keep history?

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't write them down, i adjust to whatever their need is at the time, should i keep history?
... you don't write them down? :) Now is a good time to start, how else would you track? :) Yes - you should write them down! Then you have them - it's one of the first relevant things to tell people when you ask for help.

I recommend you re-test tomorrow to verify that all is within where you want your parameters to be :)

OP
OP
JDR0505

JDR0505

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
... you don't write them down? :) Now is a good time to start, how else would you track? :) Yes - you should write them down! Then you have them - it's one of the first relevant things to tell people when you ask for help.

I recommend you re-test tomorrow to verify that all is within where you want your parameters to be :)
Thank you, I'll most definitely start taking notes.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, I'll most definitely start taking notes.
There's plenty of good apps in both Apple and Goggle's app stores that can help you keep track! If not, then a simple spreadsheet or a notepad can do you good as well!

I keep a small white board on the back of my cabinet door with the most recent manual tests.

OP
OP
JDR0505

JDR0505

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's plenty of good apps in both Apple and Goggle's app stores that can help you keep track! If not, then a simple spreadsheet or a notepad can do you good as well!

I keep a small white board on the back of my cabinet door with the most recent manual tests.
I have enough room next to my sump to add a board to write them down great idea

reef2021

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And if you don't mind me asking how difficult are zoas to keep?
They’re relatively easy to keep and known as one of the beginner corals. There’s a HUGE variety of them out there in different price ranges.

Some zoas and all paly’s cary palyotoxin which can send you to the hospital or worse if it gets into your mucous membranes so be careful. They only exert the toxin when they feel threatened so just touching them isn’t an issue but fragging them is where you really need to be cautious.

OP
OP
JDR0505

JDR0505

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They’re relatively easy to keep and known as one of the beginner corals. There’s a HUGE variety of them out there in different price ranges.

Some zoas and all paly’s cary palyotoxin which can send you to the hospital or worse if it gets into your mucous membranes so be careful. They only exert the toxin when they feel threatened so just touching them isn’t an issue but fragging them is where you really need to be cautious.
Lol thanks for the heads-up, i really like there colors, can you advice one or two

reef2021

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One last thing do you think i should move my anemone to.a different place?
Anemones can move on their own. It will find a spot it likes if it’s that unhappy. Plus, the foot is going to be buried into the rock so getting it off is going to be tricky if you decide you want it to move for whatever reason.

Back