Bubble tip feeding

Sunshine3387

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a rose bubble tip that was bleaching because of lighting issues. It's started to bubble tip again but feeding I'm finding an issue with when it's like that. I had no problem feeding it when the tentacles were long and wavy. Could it finally getting some bubbling mean it's not hungry? It won't hold the food when it's like this, just falls out. My clowns haven't figured out feeding it so I try to keep them away at feeding time or they yank it out of the tentacles on me. I've tried krill, mysis and actual frozen shrimp and the frozen shrimp it takes more often. I can't find silversides anywhere locally right now.

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the nems doesn’t want to eat don’t feed it...also silversides aren’t good for nems.
No one knows why they bubble up

OP
OP
Sunshine3387

Sunshine3387

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what it looks like with the blue and with just the flash. This is also the first day in about a week that it hasn't had short bubble tips.

20200827_194748.jpg 20200827_194740.jpg

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Keep at it. It should take the food whether bubbled or not, so I agree that if it's not taking it, wait a bit and try again later. It won't likely eat more than a couple of times a week IME, but you could try more often to see. Also agreed on feeding something other than silversides.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back