BubbleMagnus Curve7 Micro Bubbles

BanburyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi from the UK, new to salt water aquariums so please give me some slack ! I have set up my skimmer whilst the tank is cycling in order for it to break in a little. it is overflowing as I expected it would but there is a huge amount of micro bubbles in the display tank. My question is does it matter what way round the skimmer is placed in the sump ? If I turn it round the bubbles get worse in the sump and would it make a difference if the inlet is at 90 degrees to the venturi ? Thanks for all your help.

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@BanburyReefer welcome to R2R! I have a Curve 7 and like it a lot. Quick question for you, how are the bubbles getting into the display tank? It sounds like bubbles might be leaking out from the skimmer body instead of going up?

Not sure what you mean about inlet being 90 degrees to the venturi. The skimmer has two holes so you can decide where to put the intake, but the other hole should be plugged. Sorry if I'm stating the obvious.

OP
OP
B

BanburyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Mike, I didn't explain myself very well. What I mean is I have the pump and venturi inlet at 90 degrees to the water inlet. The spare hole is plugged with the red hole plug. I have a RSR 525XL and have the foam bubble trap in place between the skimmer section and the return pump section. I took the skimmer out again today to check the internal baffle plate has the blanked portion above the inlet and it does. Could it be that it is just new and not settled in , also there is no bio load yet as its still cycling.

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Mike, I didn't explain myself very well. What I mean is I have the pump and venturi inlet at 90 degrees to the water inlet. The spare hole is plugged with the red hole plug. I have a RSR 525XL and have the foam bubble trap in place between the skimmer section and the return pump section. I took the skimmer out again today to check the internal baffle plate has the blanked portion above the inlet and it does. Could it be that it is just new and not settled in , also there is no bio load yet as its still cycling.
Okay. Thanks for clarifying. It sounds like it's set up right, and not the source of the microbubbles. Maybe just turn off the skimmer while your tank is cycling?

BiggestE222

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi from the UK, new to salt water aquariums so please give me some slack ! I have set up my skimmer whilst the tank is cycling in order for it to break in a little. it is overflowing as I expected it would but there is a huge amount of micro bubbles in the display tank. My question is does it matter what way round the skimmer is placed in the sump ? If I turn it round the bubbles get worse in the sump and would it make a difference if the inlet is at 90 degrees to the venturi ? Thanks for all your help.
Whichever was allows you to reach the turn pipe for easy adjustments

Attachments

• 28BE49CB-196E-4198-A573-0C5ACD643247.jpeg
    28BE49CB-196E-4198-A573-0C5ACD643247.jpeg
    92.3 KB · Views: 19

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 73 34.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 56 26.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 31.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.8%
Back