Building a full tank aquascape with wet rocks?

OP
OP
miPapareef

miPapareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for some help on options for aquascape. I'm struggling to put all 75 pounds of rock I have in the tank. For reference, the cardboard is the inside bottom of the tank and the height is that top servicing tray bottom.

Options:
IMG_0227.JPG

IMG_0228.JPG

IMG_0225.JPG

IMG_0223.JPG

IMG_0224.JPG

Should I keep reducing the amount of rock further to open up the tank more. Then my question is do I have enough rock for filtering?

Any help is welcome.

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like 5, and 4 is not bad either. The others are too much rock for me.. Pukani is very porous and I don't feel like you will Need 1lb/g but guess it depends on your Bioload. Are you running a sump? Extra rock or biomedia (siporax, marine pure, etc) could go in the sump
Looking for some help on options for aquascape. I'm struggling to put all 75 pounds of rock I have in the tank. For reference, the cardboard is the inside bottom of the tank and the height is that top servicing tray bottom.

Options:
IMG_0227.JPG

IMG_0228.JPG

IMG_0225.JPG

IMG_0223.JPG

IMG_0224.JPG

Should I keep reducing the amount of rock further to open up the tank more. Then my question is do I have enough rock for filtering?

Any help is welcome.

USMC 4 LIFE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Options:
IMG_0227.JPG

IMG_0228.JPG

IMG_0225.JPG

IMG_0223.JPG

IMG_0224.JPG

Any help is welcome.

I initially had 80lbs of pukani in my 90 gallon DT. After a month I decided to take half out and it made a world of difference. Improved water flow and swimming space without noticeably affecting filtration.

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm designing my tank with Pukani right now as well. I have a 75g tank and I have 50lb of Pukani...and it still feels like my tank is going to be too full. I'm actually looking to remove some of the rock as well.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 30 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 7.5%
Back