• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Bulk Reef Supply

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Caliginosity

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks BRS for buying up all the Magnesium tests so my LFS's can't get any to their customers. These corporate hacks couldn't care less about the little guy and the saltwater community. They've definitely lost my business and a ton of other people in my area.

demonclownfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The community allowed itself to become corporatized. Can't blame anyone other than those who wanted convenience & lower prices.

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks BRS for buying up all the Magnesium tests so my LFS's can't get any to their customers. These corporate hacks couldn't care less about the little guy and the saltwater community. They've definitely lost my business and a ton of other people in my area.
What brand test kit?

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand the LFS side of it but there are other places that are not what you posted about that has them in stock.

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My guy can't order Salifert, API, or the other S brand.
I understand the frustration. I'm sure another wholesaler has them. It could just be the wholesaler your lfs buys from is out of them.

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My guy can't order Salifert, API, or the other S brand.
This what your "guy" told you? It's probably a straight up fabrication.

Statement not plausible. One vendor can't corner the market. I call BULL

He's probably maxed out his line of credit and came up with this fairy tale

zoomonster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Convenience to a degree. BRS's biggest weakness has always been shipping. The fast flat rate (UPS ground) takes 3 days for me. Anything else including what should be cheap priority mail is ludicrously priced. I do still buy stuff from BRS but a lot I can now get on Amazon same day-2 day.

Low Prices? Not going to happen. The corporate masters are going to want a big return on investment. And those masters now have a stranglehold on BRS, Ecotech, Neptune and what's left of Marine Depot including the MAP prices for all that stuff. Pretty sure BRS is trying to become a distributor also. I see places like WWC selling BRS branded stuff now.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This what your "guy" told you. It's probably a lie.

Statement not plausible

He's probably maxed out his line of credit and came up with a fairy tale

So negative. Probably shouldn't go down that road as no one knows as it relates to this LFS. So play nice.

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So negative. Probably shouldn't go down that road as no one knows as it relates to this LFS. So play nice.
Negative???????

Believe what you want but I'm convinced a statement like this from a LFS is a total FABRICATION

OP
OP
Caliginosity

Caliginosity

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This what your "guy" told you? It's probably a straight up lie.

Statement not plausible. One vendor can't corner the market. I call BULL

He's probably maxed out his line of credit and came up with this fairy tale
You're a funny one. My "guy" has been in the industry 20 years, and has plenty of friends in high places, he hears it all.

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Convenience to a degree. BRS's biggest weakness has always been shipping. The fast flat rate (UPS ground) takes 3 days for me. Anything else including what should be cheap priority mail is ludicrously priced. I do still buy stuff from BRS but a lot I can now get on Amazon same day-2 day.

Low Prices? Not going to happen. The corporate masters are going to want a big return on investment. And those masters now have a stranglehold on BRS, Ecotech, Neptune and what's left of Marine Depot including the MAP prices for all that stuff. Pretty sure BRS is trying to become a distributor also. I see places like WWC selling BRS branded stuff now.
BRS is already a wholesaler as well a retailer, yes.

Cary Meredith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jumped on bad thread sorry will leave, they maybe had all the stock before hand but hey you know it all

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're a funny one. My "guy" has been in the industry 20 years, and has plenty of friends in high places, he hears it all.
Pfffft. Whatever. Like 20yrs makes what he's fabricated the truth.

Im done playing games in this thread bc corning the market on Salifert AND API by BRS is an impossibility.... well unless Ryan Batchelor has bought out both Salifert and API..... Lololololololololol

Last edited:
OP
OP
Caliginosity

Caliginosity

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pfffft. Whatever. Like 20yrs makes what he's fabricated the truth.

Im done playing games in this thread bc corning the market on Salifert AND API by BRS is an impossibility.... well unless Ryan Batchelor has bought out both Salifert and API..... Lololololololololol
Wow, this guy's a salty one. You work for BRS or something? xD

zoomonster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL the other factor is that there is a shortage of everything these days. You know the ongoing excuse from covid of supply chain issues and labor shortages. It could well be BRS managed to snag up whatever limited stock was available on the market for now. Like someone else mentioned I often go to BRS (or elsewhere) these days and stuff is out of stock. That and inflation are just reality 2023.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 111 81.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%

Back