Cad lights TIA-1220 pump issues?

Jakemac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive had my skimmer for just under 1 year now, and my pump for the.... SECOND time has gone crazy.

The first time was when I was initaly testing it. The seals broke on the back of it and I was electrocuted...
After several back and forths over the phone with CAD lights and almost a month later I finially got my new pump.

Now fast forward about 8 months.

This pump just died on me. I took it out for cleaning and before I pulled it out I noticed that the skimmer wasnt on. I cleaned it. Tried to turn the pump on (worked) then put it all back together.

Come back about 2 hrs later for feeding, hit the feed on my apex, feed and walk away. Checked back about an hour later and no bubbles in my skimmer... Tried different outlets, reset the port on my apex. Nada, pulled it out again and the magnet in the pump was steaming hot. Almost burned myself. No shock however when the pump was on.

what the heck is going on? Anyone else have the same issue? Is someone from CAD lights here to explain this to me? This is a little frustrating.

Hodge Podge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just started having issues with mine. Also, while cleaning it I broke the ceramic impeller shaft. Amy ideas on parts or a replacement pump?

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 37 29.6%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 23 18.4%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 30 24.0%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 33 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back