Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I called Algae Barn yesterday and they told me the following:

Imperial Plumbing -
-Drain pipes - 1.5"
-Return pipes - 3/4"
-Manifold Hose barbs - 1/2"

I still have seen so many posts that that say they are Metric though and why I made the post looking for clarity of someone who had a new setup in the US.
I can confirm the above for the 1800 S2 - just installed the plumbing on mine

tas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question. The five area of the sump doesn’t look very spacious. I have never needed a chiller. Do you think I could plumb a refugium into the chiller supply manifold with and overflow running back into the return section of the sump?
Refugium would sit in the second area where the chiller would normally be.

bkv1997

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question. The five area of the sump doesn’t look very spacious. I have never needed a chiller. Do you think I could plumb a refugium into the chiller supply manifold with and overflow running back into the return section of the sump?
Refugium would sit in the second area where the chiller would normally be.

i’ve see. A few post that remove the 9 media baskets and use that section for skimmer and make the large section one big fuge.

Macro reactor is another option. I’m personally going to try to add a ATS, but waiting on all the other equipment first.

OP
OP
midgaar

midgaar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's too bad. Is it movable?. Can we push it back 1/2 inch?.

I'm not sure I would even want to mount it there with all the cords. My plan from the beginning was to mount it on the opposite side. I'm still a couple months away from moving my apex over to this tank so I have some time to think about it.

OP
OP
midgaar

midgaar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish Update

So the current stock is:
3x Green Chromis
3x PJ Cardinals
2x Clown Fish (from Frag tank)
1x Helfrichi Firefish
1x Carpenter Wrasse
1x Six Line Wrasse

On December 22nd my tangs come out of quarantine at the local fish store.

1x Blue Hippo
1x Orange Shoulder
1x Whitetail Brissletooth
1x Purple
1x Yellow
1x Sailfin

The plan is to introduce the tangs at the same time and hope for the best. Whoever doesn’t play nice will be going back to the fish store. I also plan on replacing the cardinals with more wrasse or other colorful fish. Right now the tank is very peaceful with everyone getting along.

Pictures are pretty crappy I’ll get better ones once the tank clears up and the tangs arrive.

09EB7F1F-5051-4F8B-94B9-339F816B3309.jpeg
C6FC386D-E5D8-46B8-A691-79A9BF657190.jpeg
44DC3D26-B0A0-4CCE-9917-5ADBF23B58B3.jpeg
9D86AFB2-DCE1-4B86-BD6D-31AEAE8EADD8.jpeg
5E4C348C-17B9-40B3-93B9-C92E89538B9B.jpeg
E3007275-EFF7-4886-90F6-6CF8EDD23E1E.jpeg
50604F6E-23FE-4748-9AD2-A0544AADBF2A.jpeg
A033C89A-7ECA-4EFD-9FA8-52E2905071D1.jpeg

OP
OP
midgaar

midgaar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really enjoyed reading through your thread! I’ve been researching for a future upgrade and this is really pushing me toward a CADE.

Glad you enjoyed it, I hope you find it helpful.

Dang those guys look tiny in that tank. Looking great though.

Yes, they really do. The tang gang should bring it all together. Thanks!

WarEaglesReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been nice to read through your build thread so far! Love the aquascape you ended up with. I'm patiently waiting for my 1500 that I snagged during AB's November deal to arrive. Can't wait to see how your tangs look once you get them in there! I've got a blue hippo and a yellow that I bought when they were each about quarter sized that have officially outgrown my 75 gallon and I'm excited to give them some more swimming space!

OP
OP
midgaar

midgaar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been nice to read through your build thread so far! Love the aquascape you ended up with. I'm patiently waiting for my 1500 that I snagged during AB's November deal to arrive. Can't wait to see how your tangs look once you get them in there! I've got a blue hippo and a yellow that I bought when they were each about quarter sized that have officially outgrown my 75 gallon and I'm excited to give them some more swimming space!
Thanks! Only a couple weeks left until the tangs come out of quarantine, can’t wait.

In the meantime I let my nutrients get out of hand and am now fighting a large GHA battle. I made the decision to turn the lights on early and add coralline algae spores and this is the consequence. It did pay off because as of yesterday I have noticed several pink and purple spots of coralline starting!!! Besides, GHA is free food for the tangs, right?

bzeno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question for you... as I am currently looking between the Cade and red sea max s... are you happy with your choice? What other tank were you looking at if any???

bkv1997

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question for you... as I am currently looking between the Cade and red sea max s... are you happy with your choice? What other tank were you looking at if any???
I’m very happy with my Cade 1500.

I looked at red sea, waterbox, cade and elos.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 47 81.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.2%
Back