View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just tested my Calcium, PH and KH.
Ca-380
PH-7.8
KH-179

The Calcium and PH are a little low, how do I raise them. From what I understand if you raise the Calcium it lowers the PH and if you raise the Carbonate it raises the PH or am I wrong. According to my test kit the KH is in the middle of the desired levels.
I am not used to dosing alot of chemicals so this is uncharted territory for me. I am trying to start keeping a few more advanced coral and am trying to figure this out. Any help that I can get would be appreciated.
My normal dosing is 5ml of Liquid Calcium one time weekly, 1 drop of Iodine Daily and that is about it. I recently won a selection of Caribe Sea products at our clubs swap which includes their Buffer Plus, is this a simple way to increase the PH. I definately don't want to do anything that will harm the tank.

gnoles

Equipment Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could check out the handy-dandy supplement calculator...
http://reef.diesyst.com/flashcalc/flashcalc.html

If you wanted to slowly raise the three you could use saturated limewater (kalkwasser). For your 90 gallons of water it's going to be around 2 gallons worth of topoff water... NOT ALL AT ONCE! Warning - this stuff has a very high PH.

That's probably going to carry your ALK over 200 ppm though (you are only about a gallon of saturated limewater away from it.)

The Kent Liquid Calcium will need about 68 ml to reach 400... with no real affect on PH.

Heck, play with the calculator... that's what I've been doing.

Back