OP
OP
Wtyson254

Wtyson254

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll be in the hobby for a while.... any thoughts on the specific reactor ?

joseserrano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the Tunze ones, because of build quality and feeds itself. Otherwise any reactor will work. There isn’t really a lot of tech that has changed through time. Build quality and ease of maintenance would be what I would be after

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the most part there aren’t “better or worse“ designs. They all work similar to each other. I love my GEO and a lot of people like the brand as well. There are many to choose from and without going to Dastaco or AE ARC where it will cost a substantial amount more it is a similar argument. Some have slightly better build quality. That is why I went with the GEO, and he was local to me and a friend. But the build quality is awesome.

corey

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just understand that the calcium reactor itself is only one part of the equation. A CO2 regulator with a high quality metering valve is essential to allow you to accurately dial in your CO2 bubble count. Then comes a feed method for the reactor... via a pump or manifold. Many have chosen to use continuous duty variable speed peristaltic pumps to feed their reactor as they let you precisely dial in your effluent rate without risk of clogging the effluent line.

OP
OP
Wtyson254

Wtyson254

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just understand that the calcium reactor itself is only one part of the equation. A CO2 regulator with a high quality metering valve is essential to allow you to accurately dial in your CO2 bubble count. Then comes a feed method for the reactor... via a pump or manifold. Many have chosen to use continuous duty variable speed peristaltic pumps to feed their reactor as they let you precisely dial in your effluent rate without risk of clogging the effluent line.
I have a CO2 container and regulator from my planted aquarium that I have taken down. I was looking at the kamoer pump.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 33.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back