Can 5 micron filter sock remove fish or shrimp dissolves?

HAAAAAAAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently using 5 micron filter socks whilest feeding time to remove shrimp and fish liquids whenever they are crushed by my eel's, my zebra moray makes a lot of mess because he crushes and eats his shrimp which makes the whole 150 gallon tank foggy with the shrimp "liquid" so does the 5 micron sock actually remove it or does it just settle through my polyester cotton sponges?

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently using 5 micron filter socks whilest feeding time to remove shrimp and fish liquids whenever they are crushed by my eel's, my zebra moray makes a lot of mess because he crushes and eats his shrimp which makes the whole 150 gallon tank foggy with the shrimp "liquid" so does the 5 micron sock actually remove it or does it just settle through my polyester cotton sponges?
You can answer this one yourself by crush a shrimp in a sample aquarium water and then passing the cloudy water through a 5 micro sock and collecting the water You get appreciation for how much cloudiness is removed. Save some of the unfiltered water for the comparison.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 42 28.4%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 70 47.3%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 19 12.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back