- DIY 84 3w cree led fixture
- Apex controller

Parameters:
-alkalinity 9.6 dkh
-calcium 445 ppm
-magnesium 1450 ppm
-Ph 8.1
-temp 76.5
-I havent measured ammonia, nitrates, or nitrites in years and i had the phosphates checked about 6 mos ago and they were under 1ppm.
I dose Brs 2-part solutions and run kalk in my top-off and I dose two little fishies acropower twice per week and a little less than recomended
-I test alk and calc twice per week and mag and salinity once and sometimes i test salinity more if I am trying to match water for changes or new additions etc.

Stock list:
-Kole yellow eye tang approx 4-5"
-yellow tang approx 4"
-trio orange lyretail anthias
-mated pair pajama cardinals
-mated pair picasso clowns
-1 lonely chromis
-1 starry blenny
-1 green mandarin
-1 black/white damsel( fuge)
-1 decorator crab(fuge)
-mated pair turbo snails
-hundreds of baby turbo snails
-5-10 misc hermits
-5-10 astrea snails
-5-10 nassarius snails
-2-3 bumblebee snails
-countless mini brittle stars
-50 or so of the little starfish
-1 clam**

and I got this many corals:
uploadfromtaptalk1396901416192.jpg

In my fuge I grow chaeto, caulerba(the one that grows solid blades forget the scientific name), red graciliara , and I have 8 mangroves along with a bunch of various algaes and a few toadstools.

Also I feel it pertinent to mention that I run 2 koralia 4's I think theyre 1150gph and I run one wp-40 on wave 1 mode, so I have a pretty good amount of flow going on. I feed New life spectrum small and medium pellets, freeze dried blood worms, Hikari marine A pellets, Hikari seaweed extreme pellets and cobalt brine shrimp flakes in an eheim autoaire feeder set to feed four times a day and adjusted to dispense enought that its eaten within a few minutes,and 2-3 times a week I feed a homebrew frozen food that has scallops, shrimp, seabass,mysis, brine shrimp, baby brine shrimp, squid, fresh clams, bloodworms, rotifers, cyclopeeze, silver sides chopped up for feeding some of my lps corals,fresh broccoli,red and green nori cut into small pieces and I juice it up with a little kent garlic extreme and selcon and also 1-2 times a week I feed BRS reef chili and once or twice a week I feed New Era marine grazer rings.

So my question is can I add more fish and if so what are some options. I'm looking for just some more diversity/movement/colors, I had a coral beauty eat a clam on me so I would like to avoid dwarve angels, and I feel like another tang would be a bad idea. What do you guys/gals think about a different species of dragonette or blenny, maybe a royal grama or some type of wrasse? Thanks for reading thru my novel about my tank

Bad Company

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't try another dragonette, they are famous for not tolerating each other, plus it will place a higher demand on pods if they aren't prepared food trained. More chromis? Royal Gramma. My favoite fish is below, but you'd need 3" of substrate at least:

IMG_0399.jpg

What about this guy:
Pearlscale Butterflyfish

Good luck!

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Considering this tank has fish in it you want to add one that can hold its own, like a royal gramma or maybe a larger midas blenny. They are different in they swim eel like.

PatW

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With your water volume, you should be able to add more fish.

However, your space is limited. Right now, your stocking is reasonably conservative. But adding a fish that figures it needs a significant amount of space and will defend it from all comers could be a problem.

I would consider a blenny. They are interesting fish. Many are peaceful.and easy to keep. You might also consider a goby or two. Like the blenny, there is a variety of easy, peaceful and reef safe fish.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With your volume and fuge you have plenty of options. My vote is for wrasses, but I am partial to them.

You should also be safe with above mentioned royal gramma, reports of their aggression is oft overstated.

Another group of anthias would work, or perhaps a single of the larger anthias, such as pink square, bimaculatus, or fasciatus.

Small triggers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mystery, flasher, or other reef wrasse...
Larger Midas Blenny would be good too...
I think either or possibly one wrasse and the Midas would be a nice addition...
(I have a mystery wrasse, flasher wrasse, Midas Blenny, bristle tooth tang, Lamarcks angel[the most evil angel n the face of the earth], a shrimp goby, some chromis', a pair of clowns and a bangaii cardinal in my 150)

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 37 63.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.2%
Back