can i get 2 more clowns?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BubbleBuddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely needed a larger tank. I have a bonded Clarkii pair and a bonded Frostbite pair in a 180gal but it only works because each set of clowns have enough room to claim territory on opposite halves of the tank. @seawee you’re getting a lot of great advice here hope you’re able to put ego and feelings aside to heed the information given.

OP
OP
seawee

seawee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, OP, look at what I have told you before... On the same. Exact. Thread.

If you don't want to listen to us, then don't. Theoredically you could put any fish in your small 25g tank. You can. But, it's not right. You are abusing animals. We have given you answers, but you are still refusing to accept them. If you dont want too, then okay. You don't have too. Either way the fish are being abused. Even if you get a larger tank. Like I have said multiple times a tang needs at least a 6 tank. AT LEAST. Taking what, a 3 foot tank and adding maybe a few extra inches is still, not good enough. Please, at least, return the tang. It may seem happy, but how would you know? You are not the fish. You can not speak for ones emotions besides yourself. You never truly know, unless it's yourself. The tang is clearly not happy, even if it is swimming around and eating. It will become very stressed, very, very soon. Like I and many others have said multiple times already, unless you can get a much larger tank right now, then you need to return it. None of us can force you to do it, it is your choice. You need to make the right choice. I know it can be tough, but it will also be tough watching your fish die because it was way too stressed. Give it a better home, please.
i love how you people is just going at me not realising that there are people WHO PUT BETTA FISH IN 5 LITRES TANKS AND GOLD FISH IN 10 LITRES YOU THINK I AM THE MOST ABUSIVE I TRY TO GET THEM BETTER BUT THERE ARE REAL PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY ABUSE FISH WHAT ABOUT THE AS*HOLES WHO FREEZE THERE FISH THEN PUT THEM IN SALTWATER LITERALLY TORTURING THE FISH SO MUCH IT IS HORRIFIC OR THE PEOPLE WHO JUST DUMP A TON OF FOOD IN THE FISHES TANK AND SAY IT IS HAPPY AND HEALTHY OR WHAT ABOUT THE PEOPLE WHO PUT THERE FISH IN FISH BOWLS WHERE THE FISH HAS NO PUMP, HEATER, STABLE WATER, OR ENOUGH ROOM BUT YOU CHOOSE ME WHERE I TRY TO GET A BIGGER TANK FOR IT AND KNOW IT IS NOT THE BEST BUT I STILL TRY TO DO AS MUCH AS I CAN TO MAKE IT HAPPY AND BE ABLE TO GET A BIGGER TANK AS SOON AS POSSIBLE OR WHAT ABOUT THE PEOPLE WHO JUST PICK UP THERE FISH AND SWING IT AROUND SAYING THAT THEY LOVE THERE FISH AND THE FISH IS AS HAPPY AS IT CAN BE OR WHAT ABOUT THE PEOPLE WHO JUST GOES ON HOLIDAYS AND DO NOT PUT IN ANYTHING TO HELP THE FISH AND THE HOLIDAY IT LIKE MONTHS AND WHEN THEY COME BACK THE FISH IS DEAD AND THEY WONDER WHY IT IS DEAD OK SO WHAT ABOUT THOSE PEOPLE BUT YOU CHOOSE ME A PERSON THAT HAS BEEN DOING MONTHS ON MONTHS OF WORK BEFORE I GOT A SALWATER TANK AND HAVE DONE ALL THE RESEARCH NEEDED FOR MY FISH KNOWING WHAT THEY NEED, HOW BIG OF A TANK THEY NEED, WHAT FISH THEY CAN LIVE IN, WHAT TEMP THE FISH NEEDS AND ETC BUT JUST ONE OF MY FISH STILL NEEDS A BIGGER TANK AND I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET IT A BIGGER TANK BUT YOU JUST TRY TO SKIP OVER THAT AND SAY THAT I ABUSE IT WHEN I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FIND A TANK THAT I CAN GET FOR IT OK

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
again i have now said it about 3 times i am going to try to get it then take it to a glass cutter to extend the length so it can be big enough for it ok have you heard of adding extra glass on a tank?
No.

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i love how you people is just going at me not realising that there are people WHO PUT BETTA FISH IN 5 LITRES TANKS AND GOLD FISH IN 10 LITRES YOU THINK I AM THE MOST ABUSIVE I TRY TO GET THEM BETTER BUT THERE ARE REAL PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY ABUSE FISH WHAT ABOUT THE AS*HOLES WHO FREEZE THERE FISH THEN PUT THEM IN SALTWATER LITERALLY TORTURING THE FISH SO MUCH IT IS HORRIFIC OR THE PEOPLE WHO JUST DUMP A TON OF FOOD IN THE FISHES TANK AND SAY IT IS HAPPY AND HEALTHY OR WHAT ABOUT THE PEOPLE WHO PUT THERE FISH IN FISH BOWLS WHERE THE FISH HAS NO PUMP, HEATER, STABLE WATER, OR ENOUGH ROOM BUT YOU CHOOSE ME WHERE I TRY TO GET A BIGGER TANK FOR IT AND KNOW IT IS NOT THE BEST BUT I STILL TRY TO DO AS MUCH AS I CAN TO MAKE IT HAPPY AND BE ABLE TO GET A BIGGER TANK AS SOON AS POSSIBLE OR WHAT ABOUT THE PEOPLE WHO JUST PICK UP THERE FISH AND SWING IT AROUND SAYING THAT THEY LOVE THERE FISH AND THE FISH IS AS HAPPY AS IT CAN BE OR WHAT ABOUT THE PEOPLE WHO JUST GOES ON HOLIDAYS AND DO NOT PUT IN ANYTHING TO HELP THE FISH AND THE HOLIDAY IT LIKE MONTHS AND WHEN THEY COME BACK THE FISH IS DEAD AND THEY WONDER WHY IT IS DEAD OK SO WHAT ABOUT THOSE PEOPLE BUT YOU CHOOSE ME A PERSON THAT HAS BEEN DOING MONTHS ON MONTHS OF WORK BEFORE I GOT A SALWATER TANK AND HAVE DONE ALL THE RESEARCH NEEDED FOR MY FISH KNOWING WHAT THEY NEED, HOW BIG OF A TANK THEY NEED, WHAT FISH THEY CAN LIVE IN, WHAT TEMP THE FISH NEEDS AND ETC BUT JUST ONE OF MY FISH STILL NEEDS A BIGGER TANK AND I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET IT A BIGGER TANK BUT YOU JUST TRY TO SKIP OVER THAT AND SAY THAT I ABUSE IT WHEN I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FIND A TANK THAT I CAN GET FOR IT OK
Listen, freshwater and saltwater are two completely different things. Fresh water fish come from small bodies of water in which the parameters are unstable. Saltwater fish come from a huge ocean where the parameters are nearly rock stable. And for the rest of the message, I am done.

OP
OP
seawee

seawee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you are comparing polluted freshwater to clean saltwater what about maybe try to compare both polluted freshwater and polluted saltwater

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, because there are others who also abuse animals, that makes it ok for you to do so?
Throwing a tantrum (THE ALL CAPS) is not giving any of us more faith in your overall judgement.
"Trying" to get a bigger tank = the fish (and not just the blue tang) suffering. THAT'S what bothers most of the people who have been trying to help you.

And I have no idea what you mean about cutting the glass and making a tank longer... That's a disaster waiting to happen.

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you are comparing polluted freshwater to clean saltwater what about maybe try to compare both polluted freshwater and polluted saltwater
No, I am not. Bettas come from tiny bodies of shallow water. Not sure where pollution came into this.

Last edited:

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Idk what else can be said. None of us can stop you from torturing these living creatures. but you can, at least, not tell us about it if you already shut your mind to other opinions. SMH. At first I was going to suggest this is why r2r should have age requirements, but it seems you should be here more than any of us. So, I have nothing more to add. Good luck with your reefing adventures
Grim Reaper Halloween GIF

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, OP, look at what I have told you before... On the same. Exact. Thread.

If you don't want to listen to us, then don't. Theoredically you could put any fish in your small 25g tank. You can. But, it's not right. You are abusing animals. We have given you answers, but you are still refusing to accept them. If you dont want too, then okay. You don't have too. Either way the fish are being abused. Even if you get a larger tank. Like I have said multiple times a tang needs at least a 6 tank. AT LEAST. Taking what, a 3 foot tank and adding maybe a few extra inches is still, not good enough. Please, at least, return the tang. It may seem happy, but how would you know? You are not the fish. You can not speak for ones emotions besides yourself. You never truly know, unless it's yourself. The tang is clearly not happy, even if it is swimming around and eating. It will become very stressed, very, very soon. Like I and many others have said multiple times already, unless you can get a much larger tank right now, then you need to return it. None of us can force you to do it, it is your choice. You need to make the right choice. I know it can be tough, but it will also be tough watching your fish die because it was way too stressed. Give it a better home, please.
100%. A guy at my LFS said something that stuck with me. “The blue tang is the most abused fish in the hobby”. He is right. Many want Dory. But not many realize what Dory needs to be happy.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay. Now Im done being nice and giving you help. Torture your fish all you want to prove a point. No one can stop you. But of you actually did do the research then you should know the answers which clearly you dont. I get you are 13, but seriously calm down, take a breath, quit throwing a fit because we are not telling you what you want to hear. We are trying to help your fish since clearly you dont care about them. And with that Im done helping you. I suggest you do some self reflection and grow up more before caring for any live animals, because yes, what you are doing to that tang is abuse. Adding two more clowns to your tank is abuse. They will kill each other. Literally. That tang will get ich and die from stress. If you dont see that as abuse then you are choosing ignorance, and that is the worst thing you can ever have when caring for a live animal that depends on you.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for the past couple of weeks i have been looking for a big enough tank and i have found one good enough it is 220L it is still a little bit too small but i can take it to a glass cutter to get more room
That's 54 gallons.
WAY. TOO. SMALL.

Get the tank and move all the fish besides the tang into it, but the tang needs to go back to the store!

*Re-reading this thread from the beginning and I guess I didn't "out" when I said "I'm out" (I blame @littlefoxx for dragging me back, lol), but I do believe I will add this OP to my ignore (ance) list and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 32 26.9%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 26 21.8%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 13 10.9%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 41 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back