Can I run Metasorb and Cuprisorb simultaneously?

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi all,

I have begun my battle against Dino and Turf algae after 2 years. Tank numbers are fine. Ph, alk, Calc, mag, phos, nitrate all within a good range. No3 and Po4 has fairly good balance. 10 and .05. My fish and coral are happy/mixed reef 180.

I redid my entire plumbing and sump. Pulled a corallife uv if that was corroding inside (that may be most of the problem). Running skimmer and reactor.

So my question- I know theses kinda overlap but also a few differences. I have Cuprisorb running now in the reactor. Leave that run for a few water changes, or can I get metasorb running in conjunction and run simultaneously

Thanks everyone.

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi all,

I have begun my battle against Dino and Turf algae after 2 years. Tank numbers are fine. Ph, alk, Calc, mag, phos, nitrate all within a good range. No3 and Po4 has fairly good balance. 10 and .05. My fish and coral are happy/mixed reef 180.

I redid my entire plumbing and sump. Pulled a corallife uv if that was corroding inside (that may be most of the problem). Running skimmer and reactor.

So my question- I know theses kinda overlap but also a few differences. I have Cuprisorb running now in the reactor. Leave that run for a few water changes, or can I get metasorb running in conjunction and run simultaneously

Thanks everyone.
I don’t see a reason you can’t run both. If I were you though, I would probably finish cuprisorb, do a water change, then send out an ICP test.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 64 32.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 53 26.8%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 40 20.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 39 19.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back