can someone help me with my eheim everyday auto feeder?

seawee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i got my auto feeder a couple months ago and a couple weeks after having it the cleaners came and pushed it off my tank and down the side behind it and this would be about 5cm drop and since then it stopped working for a week or 2 and then it was back on for a week and now it is off for 2 weeks now and i need help since I'm going away and i need it to work for when i am on holidays so what could it be? the battery is fine, the controls are fine and it is only automatic since the manual button works but not the automatic and i have tried to see what the problem is but there was nothing wrong with the clock?

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Did you open it up and look at the gears? I've had a gear slip out of place on one and that can cause it not to turn. Also, the jostling could have caused a short somewhere that could allow for intermittent functioning.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
i got my auto feeder a couple months ago and a couple weeks after having it the cleaners came and pushed it off my tank and down the side behind it and this would be about 5cm drop and since then it stopped working for a week or 2 and then it was back on for a week and now it is off for 2 weeks now and i need help since I'm going away and i need it to work for when i am on holidays so what could it be? the battery is fine, the controls are fine and it is only automatic since the manual button works but not the automatic and i have tried to see what the problem is but there was nothing wrong with the clock?
Pull the feed bin and assure the gear is lined up and also test with the drum off that it moves strong.
Despite new battery, try a different battery

OP
OP
seawee

seawee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok i will swap the battery and how do i check the gears and it is only the automatic part of it the manual button still works

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
There should be a cover on the front that clips in.

If it's only the automatic setting I'd say you've got a short somewhere in the electrical components more than likely. Something potentially broke free when it fell and it's just close enough to sometimes make contact, sometimes not.

Back in the early 2000s X-Box 360s had a problem with the solder cracking and that crack was just enough to make it not work.

OP
OP
seawee

seawee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have swapped the battery and it now works so thank you so much

OP
OP
seawee

seawee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
but now i have a question? when i got it they said you do have to reset the time once and a while because it will become out of time with the real time so does that mean it stops working?

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
but now i have a question? when i got it they said you do have to reset the time once and a while because it will become out of time with the real time so does that mean it stops working?
As far as I know they aren’t wifi or anything special. If the time gets out of wack it would just feed at different times depending on what times you set for feeding vs the time on the feeder. Only problem I’ve had with mine is a drop into the tank and I just had to order a new one.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It probably just means that, like any non-WiFi or non-atomic clock, it will likely run slightly fast or slightly slow which can cause the clock to be wrong over time.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 76 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back