OP
OP
E

ecam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please notice the cotton type growth around the fish and to the right side by the gills I

fishroomlady

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 to humble - it's a type of angelfish - beautiful fish - it looks different than ich to me

PARTIDAS TANK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When did this start? I can send you a picture of what i think it may be but i need to know when this began

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pictures are a little blurry, but it appears that your angel has a few spots of Lymph. Does it appear to look like cauliflower? Are there any on the gills or mouth? Also, can we get a little history on this fish? How long have you had it? Did you QT? Any other symptoms - either behavioral or physical?

OP
OP
E

ecam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish has been with me for 3 weeks.. eats like a champ. I have it in hypo at the moment. (recent ick outbreak).... The last pic shows the formation.. looks like cotton patch on that one side in the last pics. on the rest of the fish its aroun the perimeter of the fish top fins, tail underside. its a skittish fish and hasnt been behaving any different...

OP
OP
E

ecam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When did this start? I can send you a picture of what i think it may be but i need to know when this began

PLease do... and its been like this for about 2 weeks now.... thought it would improve with water quality (skimmer stopped workijng for 2 weeks and I feed heavy.... nitrates shot up to 100)... but hasnt gotten any better... really dont want to lose this fish.... Please help

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish has been with me for 3 weeks.. eats like a champ. I have it in hypo at the moment. (recent ick outbreak).... The last pic shows the formation.. looks like cotton patch on that one side in the last pics. on the rest of the fish its aroun the perimeter of the fish top fins, tail underside. its a skittish fish and hasnt been behaving any different...

Sounds like Lymph. It's viral and most fish carry it. Think of it like a cold sore in humans. It's rarely fatal and doesn't have a real treatment. Continue doing what your doing for the ich outbreak. Feed high quality foods with vitamin suppliments (like selcon) and keep the water quality perfect. It will go away on its own in time as his immune system builds back up.

OP
OP
E

ecam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay so i dosed primafix thinking it was a fungus.. so i should turn on the carbon and skimmer and just keep doing my water changes? to drop the nitrates?

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay so i dosed primafix thinking it was a fungus.. so i should turn on the carbon and skimmer and just keep doing my water changes? to drop the nitrates?

Probably a good idea. Fungus doesn't happen much in saltwater... that's more of a freshwater thing. Unless it starts growing over the gills or mouth, the fish will be ok. Lymph shows up in poor water quality and times of stress, so you reduce both of those and it should be good.

PARTIDAS TANK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have ich you will loose that fish garunteed... But you can stop it... I mean you can treat it with reef safe supplements but ich is a parasite and it will stay in the rock and sand and it will give it time to reproduce and attack the next victim... If you dont qt soon within this week your regal and other fish will die within a month... Believe what i am telling you someone had told me the same thimg and i didnt listen i ended up loosing my queen angel and many other fish until i quarantined with little copper and a larger then needed uv sterilizer and not just to your regal but to all the fish which means taking down the rocks but if you dont do it you risk killing them and then taking them out when ther dead or now when they are alive and somewhat healthy... Believe what i am telling uou i wish i would have listened the 1st time... As for the cotton ball looking thing i can get back to you on that but the ich 1st has got to go

OP
OP
E

ecam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am currently into week two of running hypo 1.009 . and all signs of ich have subsided. so the current issue is the cotton patch on the regal... all other fish (hippo, yellow, desjardini) etc appear to be ick freee

A/C or D/C, What’s Your Preference?

• A/C

Votes: 9 9.7%
  • D/C

Votes: 59 63.4%
  • Both

Votes: 19 20.4%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 13 14.0%
Back