Can you remove Glass scratches of Reefer 750XXL ??

JadeM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefers (see pictures below)

Recently bought a second hand reefer 750XXL VOL 1 and after cleaning the tank and removing the previous corallaline algae from the back I’ve inspected some quite noticeable and some fine scratches on the side panel of the tank... just wondering if there are any easy methods to buffer or polish them out.

Thinking it might be easier right now since the tank is on its side and still dry.

Anyone had previous experience?? Thanks a lot ☺️

image.jpg image.jpg

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No not really. Lighter scratches will disappear once filled with water though. Acrylic tanks are better second hand purchases imo since you can sand or buff out scratches on acrylic.

OP
OP
JadeM

JadeM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No not really. Lighter scratches will disappear once filled with water though. Acrylic tanks are better second hand purchases imo since you can sand or buff out scratches on acrylic.
Bugger, well I guess I’m lucky it’s a side panel then
Thanks☺️

RKeenan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just happen to see this post while looking thru. I had a few significant scratches on my 425XL. None were huge but definitely could see even when tank filled and could feel one with finger nail. Had a kit I bought off Amazon for less then $20.00 and having done it before (R250) went to get them out. The cerium oxide, drill bit buffer (Hard felt bad) kit does work but it is a VERY time consuming process. Had like 3 scratches, 2-3" long and took a good 8-9hrs of buffing let it cool, buffing let it cool cycles. Not hard but you will be sore. In the end they all came out. I have heard not to use cordless (will be going thru batteries) but holding big heavy drill for hrs up to the inside of the front glass no fun and used a light cordless Dewalt and a couple of battery packs just fine. Good luck.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 87 42.2%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 101 49.0%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.4%
Back