Can't seem to get a stable water level for my ATO in my new sump.

gotmesalty77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I cracked my old sump trying to put it back together after I moved. Well I got lucky and found a pretty great deal on an acrylic one that was as big as I wanted. Well it's all going perfect except I can't seem to get the return pump section to maintain a stable water level or evap rate so the ato doesn't constantly alarm. I've never had this lissue before. Any suggestions?
20200813_004137.jpg

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm slightly confused. So I get it has something to do with adding RO/DI water back into the tank to deal with evaporation. But too much water is evaporating at any given time? Or too little water is evaporating? Or you're adding too much RODI water at once?

schuby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From your pic, I'd say you need to increase the water level in return pump section (more total salt water in sump/tank). Your pump might be surging due to insufficient water volume. Maybe add more salt water to raise it another inch. If still unstable, raise it another inch.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 29 36.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 31.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back