Can't sleep, lets talk tank...or whatever comes to mind

tomtom2245

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my wife is quite agreeable to reefing, long as I can do it in budget. That can be hard

My wife loves the hobby, she just had no idea where that little 10gal brackish she got me would lead to. I always catch her just sitting and watching and it was actually her idea to set up another tank for a the wartskin angler I have, so no complaints on the wife front.

Outside of the hobby, I love going shooting, astronomy, and going for hikes. Living in CO, there are so many great places to enjoy the outdoors here.

Shaun Sweeney

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
title says it all
Well, I'm struggling with how to transition from one tank to another in my house. Tanks are identical 140 gallon 1/2 pipes. I think my big issue is that I have flatworm in the existing tank. The 2nd tank is a new build so it can have all new water but I need to move coral and critters. Best I can come up with for the moment, is temporarily empty the tank to the point where I can catch all the critters, then, put all the coral back in and hit the tank with Exit. Meanwhile, transfer the critters to the new, bare, tank. Of course I have a large maxima clam and I don't know how he'll respond to the Exit. Questions, questions, questions ....

OP
OP
Nano101

Nano101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a lighting difference between the two tanks? Similar K sprectrum should minimize clam transfer

OP
OP
Nano101

Nano101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my best guess is your clam will be ok. P.S. I don't have a clam yet, so my .02 might be useless

OP
OP
Nano101

Nano101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice boat. Is it true what they say, the best days in a boat owners life are the day you buy it and the day you sell it? :)
No, I love the boat I currently have. This is my 3rd sailboat. I buy them, restore 'em, sail 'em, then upgrade. Repeat. Goal is to get to around 50' and sail around the world with nothing more invested than the $500 for the first 22' catalina. I am quite attached to my current one I have now. Lived on it for a 7 month term. Nice amenities.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 75 41.0%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 92 50.3%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 3.3%
Back