Caribbean Reef Tank?

Naturalreeftanks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all I've recently set up a 40 gallon tank and with this tank I want to follow a theme of some sort. I've looked into and became very interested in a Caribbean style tank. I was wondering where i can find more information on this topic and if anyone has done this often.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my 15 gallon started off as a caribbean tank, I kept it "caribbean" for a year. I stopped maintaining caribbean only animals because of the rarity of caribbean livestock where I live.

But I kept royal gramma, chalk bass, clingfish, sharknose goby, neon goby, yellow head jawfish, caribbean hermit crabs, some types of turbo snails. RFA's are also from Caribbean so I have several of those.

But very few corals originate from Caribbean (again, due to where I live). So it was a challenge to fill up empty spaces in the tank.

I had to research everything before putting it into my tank, to make sure it was Caribbean origin, so I really learned a lot in that year.

And of course a 15 gallon tank is very small. Several larger fish originate from the Caribbean such as hogfish, tangs, Triggerfish and Angelfish, etc.... but you need the tank size for it.

So due to my small tank size and availability of livestock where I am, I found it challenging to stock a 15 gallon with Caribbean only.

Anyway, hope it different and easier for you. Good luck.

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all I've recently set up a 40 gallon tank and with this tank I want to follow a theme of some sort. I've looked into and became very interested in a Caribbean style tank. I was wondering where i can find more information on this topic and if anyone has done this often.
I hope you would be showcasing aquacultured Florida rock. I bet buying premium rock from KP Aquatics or TB Saltwater would net you lots of Caribbean critters and maybe some stoney coral hitch hikers. There are other Florida based vendors for things like sponges and gorgonians.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 56.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 7.0%
Back