Catching fish in tank

Damdeno

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m embarrased to come on here to ask this question but how do you guys catch your fish in your tank lol my clownfish are easy to catch but my Tang and Angelfish are super frustrating. I will say that my clowns have been in the tank longer so they literally swim to whatever I put in the tank and pick at it -.- ...
So I wanted to FW dip my fish to see if these ich type spots would get off of them but my CB angelfish is an amazing maneuvering through the tank and my tang is a darter. I will say that I have dosed an ich remover in the tank and have now dosed with stress coat to help the healing process and the spots have started to go away. I don’t want to take my rocks out just to dip fish that are already exhibiting signs of recovery. Also I’m considering just letting them be since the symptoms have subsided

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t be embarrassed! I know tons of people that have a hard time catching fish including myself. I tried everything and broke down and bought a fish trap, it took a couple days of strictly feeding from trap but ended up working. Highly recommend a fish trap.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some fish simply can’t be caught! Are you using two nets or a net and a poker? If the CB has the same path it takes through the rocks, try leaving a net propped across the path at one point and then gently chase it with another net or poker....it may go into the net, then be quick to lift it up. That’s how I catch fish on the reef.
That said, FW dips aren’t going to help the fish if they are going back to the affected tank.
Jay

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 52 20.1%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 190 73.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.6%
Back