Central Florida Reefers?

gotmesalty77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just moved to Florida about a year ago and got tank going about three months ago. I dont know anyone around here let alone anyone who reefs but im in the Lockhart / Apopka area. Im always looking for folks to talk about the hobby or trade frags!

Eggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I moved here from Ohio a couple of years ago.
Apparently there was a West Palm Beach club in the past but it has folded.
There’s a West Palm Beach group listed on R2R with a few of us, but no official club at this time.
I haven’t joined any clubs since moving to Florida.
FMAS seems like a good sized club, most activities are in the Ft Lauderdale/Miami though, which is difficult for me to make.
I’m not aware of any clubs in the Port St Lucie area, but there are some reefers.

Vinman

Brewing is worth it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you been to tanks a lot down where you're at if not go check them out I have two locations I believe in Lake Worth nice store lots of goodies

EmilyXLC

Charisma +10
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would everyone like to do? I wouldn’t mind hosting, so long as I had enough notice.

My old group used to do a potlock & frag seap

HMpops

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry if I didn't respond to all PM request. I live in Sanford and I've been reefing for a long time. I'm in the middle of converting my 150 Display Tank (DT) to an SPS dominant system. I'm also cycling frag systems (1 SPS and 1 LPS), working on a couple quarantine tanks as well. With plans to set up an LPS dominant DT. My primary goal with the frag systems is to have a home for my DT frags. This will allow me a place to house them for you all. I'm a business owner, and my plate is full. So, this isn't a business for me. Just like to cover 'some' of the cost of building and maintaining these frag systems.
My original intent was to have a place to house the frags coming out of my DT. I don't like frag racks in my DT's. Which, at times, can be between 30 to 50 frags...easy! :-(
Just purchased the XL Gryphon Coral Band saw and now have many frags for sale. Neon Green Candy Cane, Branching Green Hammers, Monti Fire Digi, Green Birdsnest, Green Duncans to start.
I know some people are aware I have some Green and Gold (NEW) Aussie Torch Corals. However, at this time, I just sold 16 of the Green's heads and am looking for them both to grow out before fragging again.
Please feel free to reach out and stay in touch. Maybe we can put together an informal get together at my house in the near future. I live just off I-4 and SR46.
Please let me know your interest in both.
Thanks,
Howard

IMG_0894.jpg IMG_0874.jpg

Last edited:

gmperrine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry if I didn't respond to all PM request. I live in Sanford and I've been reefing for a long time. I'm in the middle of converting my 150 Display Tank (DT) to an SPS dominant system. I'm also cycling frag systems (1 SPS and 1 LPS), working on a couple quarantine tanks as well. With plans to set up an LPS dominant DT. My primary goal with the frag systems is to have a home for my DT frags. This will allow me a place to house them for you all. I'm a business owner, and my plate is full. So, this isn't a business for me. Just like to cover 'some' of the cost of building and maintaining these frag systems.
My original intent was to have a place to house the frags coming out of my DT. I don't like frag racks in my DT's. Which, at times, can be between 30 to 50 frags...easy! :-(
Just purchased the XL Gryphon Coral Band saw and now have many frags for sale. Neon Green Candy Cane, Branching Green Hammers, Monti Fire Digi, Green Birdsnest, Green Duncans to start.
I know some people are aware I have some Green and Gold (NEW) Aussie Torch Corals. However, at this time, I just sold 16 of the Green's heads and am looking for them both to grow out before fragging again.
Please feel free to reach out and stay in touch. Maybe we can put together an informal get together at my house in the near future. I live just off I-4 and SR46.
Please let me know your interest in both.
Thanks,
Howard

IMG_0894.jpg IMG_0874.jpg
Livr in Apopka New looking for club or frag swap used equipment ect. [email protected]

EmilyXLC

Charisma +10
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@EmilyXLC @HMpops If either of you are willing to host let's get something set up.

I can definitely host! I’m in an apartment, so I don’t have a *ton* of room, but I’m always happy to have guests! Weekends work best for me, particularly Sundays! What about everyone else? We could do a little potluck, too!

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not a big NFL guy, more of a college football fan. My girlfriend is a huge cowboys fan though so I still watch.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back