cerith eggs survival discussion

dnb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Came home to snail eggs on glass and decided to relocate them to the refugium. Tried a turkey baster (that proved difficult), then proceeded to use a small net to lightly scrape them off the glass. When I woke up this morning there are two more strands on the glass of the display tank. I do have a bunch of life in the aquarium that will eat the eggs. Has anyone had any luck transferring them or had any luck raising cerith snail eggs?

IMG_20240406_100552439.jpg IMG_20240406_114217452.jpg IMG_20240406_114255398.jpg

OP
OP
dnb

dnb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel kinda dumb on this. After talking with a friend, we moved the two snails that seem to keep mating into our refugium. Hopefully this solves our predator issue.
So far ive read that scraping the eggs off the glass will kill them due to damaging the protective coating.

"The Cerith Snail starts its life as a one-cell zygote. Depending on the species and temperature, it develops into the veliger stage within 3 – 7 days. In another 3 – 7 days the free-living veliger developed into the larvae stage. After that, it starts to descend to the bottom of the tank.

After hatching, the larvae undergo metamorphosis and developed a shell. They grow really fast and grew a shell with five spirals in only 1 month.

Diet: At this stage, the larvae crept can only be fed on single-celled plankton."

the info in the quote is from the following link.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 86.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 6.7%
Back