• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Chaeto

Averhoeven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just cleaned out my sump and have a 5 gallon bucket of chaeto if anyone wants it. I QT everything (fish, corals, inverts, etc) before it gets into my tank, so you can feel confident there's nothing truly nasty in it. There's obviously bristle worms, etc because I like them as part of my clean up crew. I don't really want to ship it.

SHMG

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just cleaned out my sump and have a 5 gallon bucket of chaeto if anyone wants it. I QT everything (fish, corals, inverts, etc) before it gets into my tank, so you can feel confident there's nothing truly nasty in it. There's obviously bristle worms, etc because I like them as part of my clean up crew. I don't really want to ship it.
What a pity I missed this! I have been looking for chaeto to restart my chaeto reactor! :(
Do you still have some by any chance?

OP
OP
A

Averhoeven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I do. It's been in a bucket and should be fine. I can double check when I get home though. Where are you located?

SHMG

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in Wisconsin, and you?
Okay! I will wait! I have very high, 10
or higher ppm, Phosphate in my tank for some reason. My test strips are good up to 10ppm only. Using Phosphate Remover or the like by Microbe-Lift does not help, and cutting down the food did not either! Tap water ‘s PO4 level was .25 when I last checked before adding it to the tank.

OP
OP
A

Averhoeven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't want to ship like it says in the original post. So unless you're driving all that way (I'm guessing probably not), I don't think I can help.

SHMG

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh no! Are you worried you might kill it. How pitiful! You just blew my bubbles! Sigh! I was soo excited when you said you still have it! :((

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 92 43.4%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 72 34.0%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 34 16.0%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back