Checking flow for Prazi

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My firefish thats been in qt for copper is up today. I was advised to do 2 weeks of pravi after that but heard you need an air stone or a lot of surface agitation. How does this look? https://youtube.com/shorts/t5WodiU-6Ig?feature=share

8D88CFD2-7E80-4C50-B5A6-9E3AC8E60B23.jpeg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My firefish thats been in qt for copper is up today. I was advised to do 2 weeks of pravi after that but heard you need an air stone or a lot of surface agitation. How does this look? https://youtube.com/shorts/t5WodiU-6Ig?feature=share

8D88CFD2-7E80-4C50-B5A6-9E3AC8E60B23.jpeg

You need strong aeration to break the surface tension of the water - that means bubbles. I see a lot of circulation here, but not much aeration.

Also, I don't know what treating with prazi for two weeks means. It degrades pretty quickly, it doesn't remain active for two weeks. What you need to do is dose it once, and then, 8 or 9 days later, do a 25% water change and dose it again. If you are using Prazipro, it is pretty simple. If you are using powdered praziquantel, you need to disperse it into the water through a fine meshed net.

Jay

OP
OP
doubleshot00

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, I don't know what treating with prazi for two weeks means. It degrades pretty quickly, it doesn't remain active for two weeks. What you need to do is dose it once, and then, 8 or 9 days later, do a 25% water change and dose it again. If you are using Prazipro, it is pretty simple. If you are using powdered praziquantel, you need to disperse it into the water through a fine meshed net.

Jay
Yes you are right. Just in text wrote 2 weeks of pazi. But will be following the directions on the prazipro bottle and your advice from another post.

Ill get an air stone from Walmart.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 28 14.9%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 43 22.9%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 109 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back