OP
r33fertank

r33fertank

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine, with five guys in it is doing well after six months. I have it on the sand. The worms seem to like moderate flow as they are filter feeders (their mouths are on the bottom opposite the gills) I've noticed my green porites are starting to fill in again as it was almost dead when I got it. The porites need light, but don't seem to need a lot.

My worry with these are you can't dip them because worm, so be very careful about hitchhikers. This would be a good candidate for a quarantine tank I'd imagine.

I don't spot feed. I broadcast Reef chili and Reef Roids a few times a week and Marine Snow on occasion. I have a clam, so I believe they eat the same grub.

Do you have a photo of yours BlennyKravitz? I would like to see a pic of yours. :)

BlennyKravitz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a photo of yours BlennyKravitz? I would like to see a pic of yours. :)
Sorry so slow r33fer. Here's my little guy, nothing compared to the garden you have, but hopefully you can see it's placement on the sand behind the acans. It's fairly well shaded, but the porites are starting to grow that are in the light.

IMG_2083.JPG

IMG_2080.JPG

OP
OP
r33fertank

r33fertank

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry so slow r33fer. Here's my little guy, nothing compared to the garden you have, but hopefully you can see it's placement on the sand behind the acans. It's fairly well shaded, but the porites are starting to grow that are in the light.

IMG_2083.JPG

IMG_2080.JPG

Haha, no worries mate. I was just lucky to get such a nice peice i think. Yours is still awsome mate. Really deep color on some of them. Im sure i have a few new tiny worms on mine just over the short period iv had it. They are cool lookn worms man. Your ones are quite large like the ones in the google pic. Your placement is kinda the same as mine too. Il post more pics when i get home this arvo to show you my placement and my new extras that have popped up. Think i have every color of the rainbow now.lol. :)

BlennyKravitz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@BlennyKravits.Beautiful tank btw mate. You have some mad peices in there.
Thank you! Here's a full tank view. I broadcast feed Reef chili/Reef Roids/Phyto about 2x a week. I have a high import/export system and feed my fish heavily. I have lots of feather dusters and also a coco worm that are thriving.

IMG_1674.JPG

OP
OP
r33fertank

r33fertank

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! Here's a full tank view. I broadcast feed Reef chili/Reef Roids/Phyto about 2x a week. I have a high import/export system and feed my fish heavily. I have lots of feather dusters and also a coco worm that are thriving.

IMG_1674.JPG

Wow. Thats amazing. My tank is only 5 months old but was precycled so i started really just with live rock and 2 clowns. Mines not quite as impresive as that just yet.haha. Im takin things pretty slow so i get it right as its my first reef tank. I target feed my filter feeders and corals a mix of reef roids and phyto plan 2x a week. They seem to really come out after a feeding. :). Would love a pic of your cocoa worm. How much did it cost you if you dont mind me asking?

BlennyKravitz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. Thats amazing. My tank is only 5 months old but was precycled so i started really just with live rock and 2 clowns. Mines not quite as impresive as that just yet.haha. Im takin things pretty slow so i get it right as its my first reef tank. I target feed my filter feeders and corals a mix of reef roids and phyto plan 2x a week. They seem to really come out after a feeding. :). Would love a pic of your cocoa worm. How much did it cost you if you dont mind me asking?
This tank is nine months old. I'm a little bit insane... there's a lot of great coral shops here in Los Angeles and there was a big trade show recently, so it's easy to buy good livestock and actually see it before you buy it.

Of course the worm isn't out right now but his tube is right next to the xmas tree. I'll post another pic of him open.

BlennyKravitz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_2099.JPG

image.jpg

smh254

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this guy about a year ago. I put him in the sand for the 7-8 months then moved him up to about 200 par with more flow. Now the porites polyps are out a lot further and it turned a bright green.
IMG_2522.JPG

This pic is when I got him. I'll get a new pic when I get home.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@SandJ, maybe Valerie could help out with this question again?

OP
OP
r33fertank

r33fertank

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank is nine months old. I'm a little bit insane... there's a lot of great coral shops here in Los Angeles and there was a big trade show recently, so it's easy to buy good livestock and actually see it before you buy it.

Of course the worm isn't out right now but his tube is right next to the xmas tree. I'll post another pic of him open.

Lol. I know what you mean. Its hard to stop myself everytime i go down to the LFS. Thats mad. Il wait to see a pic of him out. I want one. :)

OP
OP
r33fertank

r33fertank

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very pretty, do you what kind shrimp are they?[/

Its a rock dwelling hermit crab called Paguritta harmsi. Unlike most hermit crabs Paguritta species have straight abdomens & live in permanent burrows in the rock, usually old christmas tree worm holes. They filter feed with their antennae and are completely reef safe.

:)

OP
OP
r33fertank

r33fertank

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very pretty, do you what kind shrimp are they?

Its a rock dwelling hermit crab the Paguritta harmsi. Unlike most hermit crabs Paguritta species have straight abdomens & live in permanent burrows in the rock, usually old christmas tree worm holes. They filter feed with their antennae and are completely reef safe.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 46 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back