Cincinnati Ohio Frag Swap tomorrow

Zeppelin

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be setup with acans, chalice, and zoanthids. Anyone from the board making the trip?

fragswap%20flyer2006%20small.jpg

Larry

OP
OP
Zeppelin

Zeppelin

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stop by and say HI Jon. I'll be the guy in the shirt with the lime green Led Zeppelin design on it. ;)

I'll do my best Bryan. I'll have a few caribbean morphs with me. ;)

jonbar1

Growing Out
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll see you there, I'll wear a work shirt(bright blue polo with logo on left side, or black fleece with same logo over it).

I'll mainly be looking for new zoas, brightly colored LPS, and a blue acro(or wait and order an oregon tort, as that is the one I really want), oh yeah and some of those frag plugs.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zeppelin

Zeppelin

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll have both frag plugs. Should have some lavender acan echinata frags, a few acan rotundoflora frags, a few orange acan echinata frags, several different acan lords, and probably 10 different chalice morphs, along with zoo frags. Most zoo frags are about 30-50 polyps, and will be $20 :)

The Fragmaster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to say Zepplin had the best looking acan frags, chalice, and zoa's in the house yesterday.Those frag plugs are awsome zepp. !

Did you see the prices that Chris's coral dude ( the one from KY I think?) had on his stuff ?

Scott had some wicked nice acros, and blasto's, but the blastos were pricey.
But they are every where, so that was no surprise.

Hey who was the guy with the oriental wife that was set up straight in front of you today with the cap. frags in the ziplock bags?
Is he local?

Oh and sorry I seemed a little weird today LOL!! I was going on about 22 hours of no sleep !! I couldnt remember anything, I was stuttering.
AYE YI YI !!! When I got hom eI slet frm 4pm until just a few minute ago
(1:30am !!!)

It was a real pleasure meating you Larry !! Nice to finaly put a face with a name huh ! LOL!

OMG Joe was killing me.
The very same blasto mussa merletti frags I just bought 3 of for $30.00 at phishy's, Joe told me $30.00 each but they were smaller and he told me "that price is just for you though".
I used to love going to Joes green house, but lately since I started retailing he has turned into someone else.
Its like he thinks I am going to frag up every thing I get from him and make money off of him, so he ups the price of every thing on me ! LOL!
I mean whats that all about?
I buy retail and sell retail ya know. I bought retail from him for gods sake. LOL!
If he is making what he wants out of each piece I buy then I dont see the big deal? I mean every time I go I spend over $100.00 with him.
I like Joe, dont get me worng, he is a real nice guy.
He just went a little "jewish" on me is all LOL!!!

In fact, the guy that was behind the clam tank told me small clams were $35.00 right after they anounced all small clams were $25.00, and al large were $45.00.
LOL!!!!! :HAHA:
I still think Joe is a nice guy though. Hey when its all said and done we all try to make the most we can off of the frags.

But my over all experience was fun !!

BTW John your on my chit list for getting a frag of that lime acro before me !!! LOL!!!! :HAHA: ( not realy )

fishes2889,
Are you Steve that used to live in Fairfield Ohio, known as Fairfield_Reef?

OP
OP
Zeppelin

Zeppelin

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the compliments Fragmaster (the reefer formerly known as Fragfarmer, but not associated with fragfarmer.com) ;) . Everything retail, except that wholesale hookup you have on ricordia. :D

I thought you were just stuttering from looking at that hot blonde that was with you. ;)

Ya, the guy across from me came down from the West side of Columbus, I think. Cant think of his name off hand. He is usually setup at the swaps fairly close to Columbus. He was at the one In Indiana last year. Not sure if he is heading up to the MASM swap in Michigan in a couple weeks.

I didn't get around to look at anything, except a slice of pizza from the bar quick. I generally dont get around. Too busy, which is a good thing, except I dont get a chance to check out any of the other cool stuff at the swaps.

I thought it was a very light turnout. I'd guess only about 120-150 people max from start to finish. I sure moved allot of zoanthids and acans though. ;)

Nice to meet you too Jon. Hope you ended up snagging some cool stuff.

Last edited:

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey do you guys have some pics of stuff you have left, willing to do the same prices???

U know I gotta ask...

:D
Laurie

OP
OP
Zeppelin

Zeppelin

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am holding off until after the MASM swap in a couple weeks. Want to make sure I have some nice stuff for those guys. :) FWIW, I was selling for the same prices I do on my site. The zoo frags have about 30+ polyps, and were all $20. The caribbean frags were $35. My acan frags were $20-$35 depending on the morph and size, and my chalice frags were all $20. I didn't have any alien eye chalice frags, or any of the other super nice ones for that price. Most of the ones of those I have left, I am growing out.

I have frags of this acan lord available for $35 if anyone is interested. Frags are at least 2 polyps.

lavenderred.jpg

Reef Gardener

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Larry save some for MASM I was already telling people to stop by your booth! I love the Zoos I got from you.
T

jonbar1

Growing Out
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was great seeing you guys as well! I can't wait to grow out that orange echinata, it's a beaut! I also ended up getting an ORA Blue Tort and one of the bright red blastos phishy had. I should have looked over the prizes more carefully before loading the one for the 150w metal halide, after I won it I realized I now have to buy a bulb and a ballast.

With Joe, it depends on what you get. The blastos and new sps like the chesterfieldensis came from a new source and I've heard the complaining about his prices for a while. I was surprised they weren't selling the chester and haven't fragged it yet. I know someone was trying to buy the whole colony from them and they didn't want to do it. I went there a few times staring at it, and finally Joe said he'd sell me a little branch off it.

Jon

fishes2889

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fragmaster- no i am not that guy who was from fairfeild but i know where that is...lol

240zoa- cool i will pm you sometime....

Steve :D

The Fragmaster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey John I dont think that is chesterfieldensis sp. .
Every ID site I have found on it says the branches dont taper and they are thick all the way up with a stubby radius like a branching porite, and they dont branch off uniformly. The branch off randomly and form clumps.
"IF" I remember the colony correctly it has tapered branches and divided uniformly like a table top.

I took a pic of it but I lost it some how. Do you have a pic of that colony?

The Fragmaster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres a poor example... http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?pCatId=2345
Like I said though my memory can be fuzzy I cant remember quite what that colonys branches looked like but I think they looked uniform?
It realy dosent matter any way because its GOD AWFULL GORGEOUS STUFF !!

Larry, I stutter every time I look at her, ands my mind goes crazy trying to figure out why she's with me LOL!!! There is no one better then her man. She has stuck with me through thick and thin. My uglyness and all LOL!!!

I wasnt BS's guys Larry has WICKED acan, chalice, and zoanthid frags.

Yeah MAN did I miss the boat BIG TIME !!
I had planned on setting up at the swap befor ethis one but I was told ( by Joe) there would be 3 times as many people at this one.
BWAAAAAAA !!!!
I am sre last years turn out was much bigger though.

Next year I AM ALL ABOUT THE SWAP IN COLUMBUS BABY !!!
I already have two tanks ready to go plumbing and all. ( almost plumbed any ways LOL!)
I'll post pics soon. realy neat little set up. VERY light weight and VERY portable.
PVC AND CANISTER FILTERS ARE YOUR FRIENDS !!!!
LOL!!!

Last edited:
Back