Cirrhilabrus Complexes: Inferiority Need Not Apply (1st Revision)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The solon wrasse has only been in the tank for 4 days. I'm gonna give the tank a week to make sure there aren't any issues with parameters before I add more fish
Well, that makes the situation better, but I'd still be very vigilant.

Unthinkable

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
964B7750-F461-4EAF-BBFB-EE1C3C9264ED.jpeg

The Solon is doing great otherwise, very active and seems timid, but I’m sure it will change when the studio pad turns into a sorority please excuse the bad iPhone pic

Fish Biscuit

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have an 8 foot 240. I’d like to mix a few from the same complex if possible & if they become available at the lfs.

Current stock is 3 banghai cardinals, pearly jawfish, firefish, possum wrasse, & a diamond tail flasher. I have 2 acclimation boxes & will be using them.

Pintail
Brunneus
Johnson
Rhomboid
Lineatus - last fairy wrasse added
Flame
Orange back
Exquisite

I’d also like to add 2 or 3 more flasher wrasses. Is this possible or do I need to choose out of the related complexes?

HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We have an 8 foot 240. I’d like to mix a few from the same complex if possible & if they become available at the lfs.

Current stock is 3 banghai cardinals, pearly jawfish, firefish, possum wrasse, & a diamond tail flasher. I have 2 acclimation boxes & will be using them.

Pintail
Brunneus
Johnson
Rhomboid
Flame
Orange back
Exquisite

I’d also like to add 2 or 3 more flasher wrasses. Is this possible or do I need to choose out of the related complexes?
Given the size of your tank I would think it could work. Pintail, Brunneus and Johnsoni all in same subfamily but they are more on the passive end and you have room. I would add the orangback or exquisite last. Put the flashers and rhomboid in first if you can. Acclimation box for each one of course. Overall great list but be aware there are always exceptions.

Fish Biscuit

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Given the size of your tank I would think it could work. Pintail, Brunneus and Johnsoni all in same subfamily but they are more on the passive end and you have room. I would add the orangback or exquisite last. Put the flashers and rhomboid in first if you can. Acclimation box for each one of course. Overall great list but be aware there are always exceptions.

Thanks, it all depends on what is available on the wholesale list. Rhomboids weren’t available this week so I’ll start with the flashers. I’ll start with 2 & every 6 or 8 weeks add 2 more at a time.

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Pintail
Brunneus
Johnson
Rhomboid
Flame
Orange back
Exquisite

The only thing that concerns me here is the isosceles/brunneus/johnsoni mix. Pintail and Johnsoni work together fine, but I'd be hesitant to through brunneus in that mix as well. Other than that, I don't see any clear issues.
I would add the orangback or exquisite last.
Also agree.

Fish Biscuit

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing that concerns me here is the isosceles/brunneus/johnsoni mix. Pintail and Johnsoni work together fine, but I'd be hesitant to through brunneus in that mix as well. Other than that, I don't see any clear issues.

Also agree.
Out of the 3 I would rather have the pintail & the johnsoni so that works. Thanks!

JMM744

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I read the graph right a Katherine’s could be added to a Pintail? 180 with butterflies, filamented flasher, firefish and soon to add carpenters flasher. Would add the Katherine’s at the same time as the carpenters. Pintail is getting bigger with great color.
Thank you, Jim

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I read the graph right a Katherine’s could be added to a Pintail? 180 with butterflies, filamented flasher, firefish and soon to add carpenters flasher. Would add the Katherine’s at the same time as the carpenters. Pintail is getting bigger with great color.
Thank you, Jim
Yeah, that should work fine.

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this very unusual?
IsoscelesFairy2019112501.jpg
A terminal male keeping a transitional male in it's place? It can work within this specific complex - I once had 3 johnsoni males together. It's not something I'd blindly tell people to try out, though. :)

Weevo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a pintail and a yellowtail flasher. Possible to add golden rhomboidalis and mccosker flasher to the mix in an 80 gallon

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a pintail and a yellowtail flasher. Possible to add golden rhomboidalis and mccosker flasher to the mix in an 80 gallon
Should work okay - use an acclimation box.

Weevo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should work okay - use an acclimation box.
Ok, so I have the golden rhomboidalis in qt and he is beautiful, eating and swimming around. His poop is normal and see nothing on him. Do I still use prazi and just keep watching ? Also on acclimation box, is 10×3×3 ok. Its actually a shroom box with a lid. Thanks evolved

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

jp_75

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
getting 3 wrasses next week:
hooded fairy wrasse, crescent wrasse and exquisite wrasse.
all females if that makes a big difference. should i just released in tank or acclimation box? the box is 10/5/5. not sure if mine will be big enough for 3 fish... right now the only fairy is male katherines wrasse. he has been in tank for maybe 7 months. thx!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 25.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back