Citron Clown Goby has been acting sick for almost 6 days now

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
no not floating to the top I meant 'he' (idk if it is a he) usually is always swimming around but for almost week now he has been on the ground breathing heavy not swimming up to me to eat
Thanks!

OP
OP
N

nisemu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So - the ammonia should be 'non-toxic' - however - in a normal tank it should be zero. So - 1. Problem with the test, 2. The tank is not completely cycled. My tendency is to say - this is an illness of this fish - again assuming your others are fine
all of the other fish are acting completely normal as they usually do, but what can I do to help it ? it could be a potential problem with the test but I test all of my other tanks with the test and it seems to be working I dont know.

OP
OP
N

nisemu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This fish looks a bit bloated to me. Maybe because I’m so used to seeing this species in really thin condition….but if that is a new development, ascites is a systemic disease that causes rapid breathing and bloating.
Jay
here he is when I first got him, hes always been somewhat of a chunk, what can I do for him???

Attachments

• IMG_2221.jpeg
    IMG_2221.jpeg
    31.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2222.jpeg
    IMG_2222.jpeg
    58.4 KB · Views: 18

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
all of the other fish are acting completely normal as they usually do, but what can I do to help it ? it could be a potential problem with the test but I test all of my other tanks with the test and it seems to be working I dont know.
If the other fish, etc are fine in the tank - it suggests a problem with this fish. The fish does look bloated (as @Jay Hemdal said. If you wanted you could remove it to a hospital tank and treat - but I'm not sure what to recommend unfortunately. I would assume an anti parasitic would be the best. The only other thought I had - is the fish being bullied at all - such that when it swims, it's forced down. (I don't think this is the issue- but possible). Sorry not to be more helpful

OP
OP
N

nisemu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the other fish, etc are fine in the tank - it suggests a problem with this fish. The fish does look bloated (as @Jay Hemdal said. If you wanted you could remove it to a hospital tank and treat - but I'm not sure what to recommend unfortunately. I would assume an anti parasitic would be the best. The only other thought I had - is the fish being bullied at all - such that when it swims, it's forced down. (I don't think this is the issue- but possible). Sorry not to be more helpful
all of the fish are fine except for the clown goby. also the fish all get along very well. what anti parasitic should I use

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is breathing to fast. I can't tell from here why. I have a bunch of them and I just looked. Mine breathe a lot slower.
(slightly different species)

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
all of the fish are fine except for the clown goby. also the fish all get along very well. what anti parasitic should I use
It's unclear - a fish in the tank - with no new additions (i.e. - you haven't added anything new since that fish) - and all the other fish are fine, suggests some intrinsic problem to that fish (only). I'm not sure what to recommend to treat - because 1) we don't know what QT process the others used and 2) the bloating suggest not 'health' but a problem.

Can you give an update?

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 18 20.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 68 76.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back