Cleaning live rock

White Hair

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad to say i haven’t kept up with regular maint, what is the best way for thorough clean, with taking out the rock, how long can they be out of water do you need to keep them in salt water while cleaning, best way to clean sand or replace, thanks

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brace yourself.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Deluge / small cup lol love it. I was guilty of this routinely

There have been hot debates over deep tank cleans, we like to collect the works here and make patterns please add yours.

The inside joke is some people don't want you to deep clean, so a debate rages on how to rehab aquariums.

When the tank is taken apart like these show, when rock is out of water, clean off the algae using peroxide too on the algae. The thread shows how to disassemble/ clean and put back without harm.

Your rock can be in the air hours without harm. You can also just mist it with saltwater while working

Last edited:
OP
OP
White Hair

White Hair

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad to say i haven’t kept up with regular maint, what is the best way for thorough clean, with taking out the rock, how long can they be out of water do you need to keep them in salt water while cleaning, best way to clean sand or replace, thanks
just an opinion from each side of the rock and sand cleaning fraternity, i just need to get started and do i even need to do that is ther a middle ground

Back