Clown Goby and SPS Corals

nicks387

Premium member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, 30 is a bit much but he figured he would have a couple sitting in each big colony and it would look cool. He is the owner of an LFS in the area and its his front display tank, he probably only pays a buck or 2 each. He didnt know that they tear up the colonies they host in.

Last edited:

chort55

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
clown gobies wont eat sps! they irritate the sps polyp till it slimes and they eat that. if you have a small piece it may not be able to recover fast enough to let the gobie eat.
but I have also noticed that if I keep my black gobie well fed he dosnt bother the coral as much. just the occasional slime snack but not as the main source of food.

Somewhat correct... they will not eat the actual structure, but they will eat the flesh off acropora.

reefin101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen larger 200g+ SPS dominate tank w/ yellow gobies and NO issues. One user had reported he had red bugs too and after adding yellow gobies never had a problem again.

I added 6 various gobies (clown, black, yellow, citron) and they irritated my SPS. It was still a newer tank, but they all had to go. I will however add another one now that my tank is 2+ yrs old and many SPS are now growing out. I believe in a 375g SPS tank, one or 2 small yellow gobies can be beneficial. Small tank or minimla SPS = BAd news probabably

OP
OP
marinelife

marinelife

SaltGeek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the information, I added to orange(War Paint) and they are in the biggest and best growning Acroporas I have. I will be watching them and making sure they are good!

Antonio Martinez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the video of my 3 week new to my fluval 40 destroying my 1 week new to my tank Millepora. Not happy about it at all!!!!!!!

1560293610444035099%253Faccount_id%253D1

Back