Clown trigger fish question

KadenN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve had all kinds of fish all my life, all the way from fresh water to saltwater. So here’s my question I used to own salt water and was planing on making an aggressive tank but my parents were against it and wanted a reef tank. I want to make an aggressive tank now that I am on my own. (I have done years of research on all of these fish so don’t worry about that) I just want opinions on what fish and tank I should be getting! I want to get a French angle, a clown trigger (obviously lol), some sort of puffer (leaning towards porcupine), a lion fish (possibly dwarf but maybe normal), some sort of eel (possible a moray or white ribbon eel), (my old white ribbon ghost was my favorite dude ever, loved him so much but he died of age) and I would love some slightly more aggressive larger tangs like the sail fin or unicorn or hippo. I want to know if I should get a pond (it’d be indoor, but just a pool with saltwater in it along with a giant filter/heater) or should I get a custom tank. Also what fish should I get or not get based on the list given and anything y’all think would work out.

nuxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on the size of the tank (guessing big), maybe go with a Sohal Tang.

I was always too scared to get one with the price of some of the fish in my tank. Also one of the larger tang species. It could hold it's on with those fish for sure though.

OP
OP
K

KadenN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on the size of the tank (guessing big), maybe go with a Sohal Tang.

I was always too scared to get one with the price of some of the fish in my tank. Also one of the larger tang species. It could hold it's on with those fish for sure though.
Those guys are really cool for sure. I don’t know much about them, and I hardly see them in any stores near me but they are definitely cool looking so that would be a good option! Thanks!

nuxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those guys are really cool for sure. I don’t know much about them, and I hardly see them in any stores near me but they are definitely cool looking so that would be a good option! Thanks!

Most stores I'm guessing won't carry them.

- A little pricey
- Not too many local clients have 400+ gallon tanks
- Very aggressive fish

We could probably source you one if you need at some point.

OP
OP
K

KadenN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank size isn’t an issue as I’ll be doing a indoor pond or a custom tank because the store I work at makes them and I get majorrrr discounts on customs lol. But if I do end up wanting one I’ll definitely let you know!

nuxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank size isn’t an issue as I’ll be doing a indoor pond or a custom tank because the store I work at makes them and I get majorrrr discounts on customs lol. But if I do end up wanting one I’ll definitely let you know!

Very nice :)

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make the living quarters as big as possible, 300g+ and go for it. Sounds like a nice tank you have planned, I'd pass on the pond idea and go the other route.

OP
OP
K

KadenN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make the living quarters as big as possible, 300g+ and go for it. Sounds like a nice tank you have planned, I'd pass on the pond idea and go the other route.
Tank size I’m going for is an in wall 800-1000 gallon, I have all of the measurements and everything fits nicely so that’s most likely what I’m going to be doing, the pong idea was more so if some of the fish need to be in schools (like the tangs) and they just needed more space to swim!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 42 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 161 66.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%

Back