Clownfish choices??

Fishhead Junkie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of all the clownfish, which one would you say is the most calm and docile clownfish that will get along with other fish and take to a BTA??

Once I get rid of this horrible maroon clown, I'd still like to have 1 in my tank, just wonder what everyone suggests.

Steve

OP
OP
Fishhead Junkie

Fishhead Junkie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I shouldn't of said get along with other fish AND take to the BTA...I could get by with the clownfish just getting along with the other fish. The anenome would just have to get by with being alone..or maybe I could grab an anenome crab or sexy shrimp or something to compliment it, but I've heard that 6-lines will kill shrimps...except for coral banded shrimp...nothing messes with my coral banded..not even the snowflake eel I used to have.

Steve

OP
OP
Fishhead Junkie

Fishhead Junkie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah..i had thought about a pink skunk clown...they are cool looking, but nothing says saltwater like a percula clown. i like when my kids friends come over and the first thing they do is run up to the tank and see all the fish they recognize from the movies.

steve

ps..any suggestions on getting this clownfish out of my tank?? i've tried to throw food in and snatch him up as he goes to the surface. how bout a shopvac....:horse:

Russellaqua

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
percula, ocellaris, pink skunk, and I've also had very good luck with clarkii clowns, though they are more aggressive than the previous 3. Tank-bred specimens also tend to be calmer toward other fish in my experience.

armyman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a question for any one who can answer i have a black and whitee percula clown and i want to know if any one has heard of one in a tube anemone

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I love onyx clowns!

demonsperm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow the percs are so main steam and so overbread many dont even know what an anemone is for.

Get to mated or very small tomato clowns. Mine will host almost any coral.GL..

DSC01268.jpg

reefsandrotts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Go for a mix like me,in my 120 I have the following:
2.Salmon Island percs
2.Ora misbar percs
1 SA onyx clown
They all get along great,just 1 problem the 2 misbars laid eggs and I have no idea who the father is-HELP MAURY who's my babies daddy.(sorry couldn't resist)

R

reef-nut

View Badges
percula, ocellaris, pink skunk, and I've also had very good luck with clarkii clowns, though they are more aggressive than the previous 3. Tank-bred specimens also tend to be calmer toward other fish in my experience.
I have seen some Clarkiis kill everything in a tank!

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IF you can find them Maldive clowns (also known as Blackfoot clowns, Rose skunk clowns) are very cool....They are timid though and take awhile for them to stabilize and get used to the surrondings.....I would get another pair of them again in a heartbeat....BUt right now I have some tank raised Black and White Occies on order....

maroonytunes

Reefing Without Coral
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank bred ocellaris, percula can display some aggressiveness especially wild caught ones. Both black and white ocellaris are almost always non-aggressive and will host in the anemone. Pink skunks are a 50/50 split, I've seen a lot of aggressive ones and a lot of peaceful ones, but it can be and usually is very hard to get them to host, you don't often see them going right into an anemone.

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also dont get a clarkii, IMO they are way to risky, you dont know what his motive will be. He will either get along with the others, or reak havoc on everyone!

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.6%
Back