Clownfish eye infection?

ratkas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clownfish appears to have some kind of eye infection. Its right eye is bubbled up.

It’s hosting in my Euphylia (octospawn). Could it have gotten stung by the coral?

Any advice appreciated. Thank you.
cf2a5f7bff89e16c910fdbd49df68f2a.jpg

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that a little black mark on the top of the clown's eyelid? Between the eyeball and the white bubbled up area on the top of the fish's eye.

OP
OP
R

ratkas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just took another look at him and there does not appear to be a black mark above the eye. Maybe a touch of shading but nothing that seems obvious.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't think it got stung. Most likely injury. You can try Epsom salts to help.

Epsom Salt: Treats eye and other injuries. Popeye in one eye usually means injury, but popeye in both eyes usually denotes a bacterial infection requiring antibiotic treatment. Cloudy eye can be a bacterial infection or flukes.

How To Treat - 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons of aquarium water. Repeat only once, if necessary. Use only “USP” grade Epsom salt.

Pros - Reef safe, as Epsom salt is just magnesium sulfate.

Cons/Side Effects - The effects of excessive sulfate in a reef aquarium are not fully known.

OP
OP
R

ratkas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I’d give an update on this... I think you guys were correct that it was an injury and not infection. I didn’t treat the tank at all because the swelling was going down little by little each day. Took a little over a week and it’s back to normal. Thank you for the advice!

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 57 40.1%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 74 52.1%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back