Clownfish Oddities

Melissa31595

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my understanding of clownfish swimming patterns is a bit lost. Is it normal for them to spend their entire day swimming vertically pressed against the glass? I have a 125g tank for them to swim in but they REALLY like this corner. Is this normal?

image.jpg image.jpg

jmoney7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my understanding of clownfish swimming patterns is a bit lost. Is it normal for them to spend their entire day swimming vertically pressed against the glass? I have a 125g tank for them to swim in but they REALLY like this corner. Is this normal?

image.jpg image.jpg
Are they really new? If so very normal mine did this for a while and as I added more fish they started swimming around more but still sleep in the corner of my tank and hang there a decent bit during the day. Clowns are weird as long as they are eating good and don't have any visible signs of disease or parasites they should be fine.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

Melissa31595

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are they really new? If so very normal mine did this for a while and as I added more fish they started swimming around more but still sleep in the corner of my tank and hang there a decent bit during the day. Clowns are weird as long as they are eating good and don't have any visible signs of disease or parasites they should be fine.
So the larger one is technically 8 years old but we have only had her 2 weeks. The smaller one we just got over the weekend and he was swimming normal then noticed her and started following. The only time she leaves that glass is when I’m feeding the tank.

Upvote 0

jmoney7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the larger one is technically 8 years old but we have only had her 2 weeks. The smaller one we just got over the weekend and he was swimming normal then noticed her and started following. The only time she leaves that glass is when I’m feeding the tank.
I would say def. normal it will take time for the clownfish to get used to a new environment. They will always pick a particular spot in the tank however.

Upvote 0

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 22 35.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 21 33.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back